weekly tss score

fandacious

Best week in a long time, going away camping again this coming weekend so an easy week ahead with just some exploring on my Monstercross when we there.

TSS 727

IF 0.65

15:54

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been doing 2 sessions on the watt bike per week, and then 1 ride, maybe 2 for the rest of the week. My numbers look like it's a base training phase, but it's been anything but - more like a building phase.

FTP up by 25% from December - based on results from watt bike 20-min tests.

Power/Mass up by 1W/Kg (power up and body mass/fat% down).

Weekly low and high (in brackets)

TSS - (261 - 430)

IF - (0.69 - 1.1)

Duration - (4:30 - 8:40)

Sometimes the numbers don't really matter.

• 1 month later...

Mmmmmmm damn, because of the long weekend and having built a new bike (that new bike 'placebo' excitement) put in a monster week that I'm sure I will never repeat .....

TSS - 1003

IF - 0.66

Duration - 20:36

Off to the Delta Dash 6hr this weekend so rest today, easy peasy rides the next 3 days, rest Friday then go see how it goes. No expectations just want to keep riding the whole time.

FTP up by 25% from December - based on results from watt bike 20-min tests.

Power/Mass up by 1W/Kg (power up and body mass/fat% down).

Whaaaaaat???? :w00t:  25% in 12 weeks? :eek: Damn dude. Well done. At that rate you can turn Pro by 2016. :thumbup:

I got excited about 12% over the same period. Hope to add the same percentage over the next quarter at the least. Or even more considering I've had 2 colds so far. Nearly 6 weeks of racing/tapering and lots of travel.

Last race coming weekend and then its 12 weeks to load up on the TSS.

Whaaaaaat???? :w00t:  25% in 12 weeks? :eek: Damn dude. Well done. At that rate you can turn Pro by 2016. :thumbup:

I got excited about 12% over the same period. Hope to add the same percentage over the next quarter at the least. Or even more considering I've had 2 colds so far. Nearly 6 weeks of racing/tapering and lots of travel.

Last race coming weekend and then its 12 weeks to load up on the TSS.

I've come back after 4 years of being a fun/club rider, mainly due to me wanting to spend time with my daughters. So the "then" and "now" paints a completely different picture, and one of the reasons for the 25%.

I picked a race each year to build towards (probably 6 weeks prior), just to keep my seeding in check. That was so frustrating because I knew what I was capable of, but I couldn't get there or stay there.

The last 6 months have been a lot more focused to get back to a level where I can (try) compete again in the Vets category. Still have a long way to go, and the improvement (in %) will become less and less as the training progresses.

I'm doing a VO2max test on Friday - my next baseline to then compare for the next year or two. Let's see what happens next.

• 1 month later...

Hay Chaps,

If you wanting structured training plans with all your weekly TSS scores built to your personal goal with the correct weekly CTL build then head over to www.todaysplan.co.za  It’s free and easy to try; no payment or credit card details are required to get started.

Will also give you analytic charts and customized dashboads of what you would like to see at way less cost than the other options.

Also feel free to ask us question via our online support.

Cheers

I've come back after 4 years of being a fun/club rider, mainly due to me wanting to spend time with my daughters. So the "then" and "now" paints a completely different picture, and one of the reasons for the 25%.

I picked a race each year to build towards (probably 6 weeks prior), just to keep my seeding in check. That was so frustrating because I knew what I was capable of, but I couldn't get there or stay there.

The last 6 months have been a lot more focused to get back to a level where I can (try) compete again in the Vets category. Still have a long way to go, and the improvement (in %) will become less and less as the training progresses.

I'm doing a VO2max test on Friday - my next baseline to then compare for the next year or two. Let's see what happens next.

How are you getting on with this comeback2.0? What races you doing?

• 2 months later...

I am going to sound like a complete Noob.

I've got a normal IDT, A Garmin Edge 510. Now how do I go about training my Functional Threshold Power and seeing my TSS Score?

I am Pretty Fit, but would like to train Smarter? :ph34r:

I am going to sound like a complete Noob.I've got a normal IDT, A Garmin Edge 510. Now how do I go about training my Functional Threshold Power and seeing my TSS Score?I am Pretty Fit, but would like to train Smarter? :ph34r:

Sounds like you need a power metre? Or am I being stupid?

Sounds like you need a power metre? Or am I being stupid?

I think so too. Just need a way or a good lie of getting it approved by the Big Boss!! :whistling:

When you work with a PMC you get to know your body rather well. I don't put in big hours. I aim for 8hrs a week. When my fitness is at 60 I can do a decent race. Last 5 weeks were really bad. Being off the bike and sick for a few days is depressing when you see how those nrs drop. I am down to 40 on fitness. When I get back on the bike I would probably around 33. Long long way back to 60+ :huh:

How are you getting on with this comeback2.0? What races you doing?

I only saw this post today - it's been a hectic last 2 months for me.

I did a few of the big East Rand classics at the start of the year, got dropped 10-15Km from the finish in each race. I had been training to peak at the Tour Durban race in April and then benchmark my fitness against the field. Sadly only 25 started in VC, and while I finished 6th, I missed the move at 85Km, and had to settle for a sprint for 4th. Having JoBerg2C, PanoramaTour, and Tour Durban on the same weekend only dilutes the quality of the field. If I had done this race in any of the last 4 years, I would have been dropped going up the M7, so I guess I should be happy (which I am).

Winter is here, and I'm in survival mode, so no racing until September. Then, I'm riding with new club members in the alphabet groups - helping to bring their standard of racing up to a level where they will be racing Vets in a year or two.

So, R4V, D2D, Amashova, 947 are all "fun-rides" rather than racing.

• 1 month later...