weekly tss score

fandacious

if you found it easy, with these numbers, then I'm likely to wonder if your FTP is accurate...

G

Agreed, but looking at the stats for the week, nothing too hectic done. All workouts were very chilled with low HR.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Goal for IMSA?

Mine are: CTL 81 | ATL 99 | TSB -32

Happy with those figures for my first half iron. Hoping to push my CTL up by another 5 this week and then start tapering. 

CTL before IMSA last year was 132, want to try and get it over 140 this year (lots more running)

Your TSB shows you are fatigued, keep an eye on health these next 3 weeks..... ignore the numbers when you start tapering, they drop dramatically!! .... the fitness and form will still be there.  My numbers for IMSA was 132 at taper (2 weeks) and 118 on race day.... don't fall into the trap because the numbers are dropping that you have to do a little extra in the taper weeks.... rest in these weeks is probably more important.

I just restarted my engine (mid December) after being off the trainer, with only one ride/week since BergAndBush,

CTL dropped from 70 to 32, back up to 46 at the moment, constant 4-5CTL points growth a week based on 3 x hour sessions (TSS/60-65 each) workouts/week + 1 ride on a Saturday.

The Saturday rides all ended shorted distance time than planned, although thats 1/2 the story... most of them in major wind, like Saturday HOT HOT HOT weather.

Sitting on a 350-450 TSS week at the moment.

Guess these larger numbers is possible with longer outrides, 3-4 rides each 3-4 hours.

Just be a very difficult number if you did most of your training on a trainer...

G

CTL before IMSA last year was 132, want to try and get it over 140 this year (lots more running)

Your TSB shows you are fatigued, keep an eye on health these next 3 weeks..... ignore the numbers when you start tapering, they drop dramatically!! .... the fitness and form will still be there.  My numbers for IMSA was 132 at taper (2 weeks) and 118 on race day.... don't fall into the trap because the numbers are dropping that you have to do a little extra in the taper weeks.... rest in these weeks is probably more important.

A CTL of 140 is close to the average CTL of Kona qualifiers I think. Good luck. You seem more than able to reach that goal.

Thanks. Been feeling it the last few days. Thought it was normal to be feeling so tired just before tapering. Not worried about the numbers - so I will stick to the plan. I feel ready. It's going to be a hard day, but I know I can get through it. Wanted to have a CTL of around 100 by now, but my ITB injury stopped me in my tracks for two weeks. On the bright side, I have no more niggles or pain when running - so the load has been just right I think. 

Edited by EmJayZA

A CTL of 140 is close to the average CTL of Kona qualifiers I think. Good luck.

Thanks. Been feeling it the last few days. Thought it was normal to be feeling so tired just before tapering. Not worried about the numbers - so I will stick to the plan. I feel ready. It's going to be a hard day, but I know I can get through it. Wanted to have a CTL of around 100 by now, but my ITB injury stopped me in my tracks for two weeks. On the bright side, I have no more niggles or pain when running - so the load has been just right I think. 

It will feel normal as you have been hard training and stressing your body.  This heat is also an added factor.... but good for training as EL is usually HOT on the run leg :)

Hopefully someone can help here. I have been off the bike since 23 September due to an accident. I restarted my training on 06 Nov only to get bronchitis on the 12th and now been a week in hospital with Pneumonia.

It’s safe to say my ftp is non existent at this stage and I’ll still be off the bike to 3rd week in December to be on the safe side for my heart.

When I start training again it’ll probably be a week or 2 at zone 1/2 then a week introducing tempo intervals and then only maybe week 4 some ftp intervals again. How long before I can realistically be where I was before I crashed?

I’m hoping I’ll be able to train in my current zones again after a month. Is that too optimistic?

A bit of a late reply, but a similar question was asked last weekend (31st) by a friend, so I thought I’d add my 2c worth.

Your history (muscle memory) plays a big part in the time it takes to het back. You’ll find the initial drop in fitness is quite big before it flattens out over time. The bigger your historical base was, the easier it will be to discover your peak fitness.

I’ve read (more than one source) that you can lose 25-45% of your fitness after 12 weeks. Your muscles become less efficient in dealing with lactate accumulation, which explains the burning sensation when trying to do high intensity workouts too soon. There’s also your body’s ability to convert glucose (but I’ll stop there as it’s above my pay grade, and I have limited knowledge on this subject).

So, let’s assume your fitness is 100.

* You lose 45% of your fitness = 55, when you restart.

* You ramp-up your training load, probably not more than 7%, = 9 weeks (without recovery weeks). * Anything more and you’ll probably end up over training.

* With recovery it will probably be 12-14 weeks, as your training load in a recovery week is unlikely to be 100% of the previous week.

* Sad reality, but better to take the time to fully recover, than spend even more time off the bike. I’ve made a few comebacks, and each time it takes longer (age also plays a factor).

Comments from the more informed are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Goal for IMSA?

Mine are: CTL 81 | ATL 99 | TSB -32

Happy with those figures for my first half iron. Hoping to push my CTL up by another 5 this week and then start tapering. 

There may be something wrong with those figures - I understood that TSB is the difference between ATL and CTL so your TSB should be 18?

There may be something wrong with those figures - I understood that TSB is the difference between ATL and CTL so your TSB should be 18?

Nope. TSB as defined by Training Peaks:

Form (TSB)

Training Stress Balance (TSB) or Form represents the balance of training stress.

Form (TSB) = Yesterday's Fitness (CTL) - Yesterday's Fatigue (ATL)

A positive TSB number means that you would have a good chance of performing well during those 'positive' days, and would suggest that you are both fit and fresh.

Pretty good week,

TSS: 868

Time: 10:24

High TSS mostly due to a PB I did on 21km at Dischem (TSS of 274 for the run). (Still slow compared to runners, but happy to have broken 2 hours on Dischem course)

Recover week for me

TSS 722

IF 0.7

Interesting that my TSS for a sub 2 Dischem was 159

Interesting, what was your heart rate for the race? I hit 83% of max over the duration of the race. (Wasn't planning on doing a quick one but met a friend of mine en route and ran with him and he's a fairly snappy runner)

Interesting, what was your heart rate for the race? I hit 83% of max over the duration of the race. (Wasn't planning on doing a quick one but met a friend of mine en route and ran with him and he's a fairly snappy runner)

My average for the race was 74%, and was a chilled training run for me, of which 1:47hr was in Zone 1 HR (0-137) and 9 mins in Zone 2 HR (138-145)

Pretty good week,

TSS: 868

Time: 10:24

High TSS mostly due to a PB I did on 21km at Dischem (TSS of 274 for the run). (Still slow compared to runners, but happy to have broken 2 hours on Dischem course)

Your thresholds are set wrong. If they were correct it should be impossible to get a TSS of over 200 on a 2 hour race.

My average for the race was 74%, and was a chilled training run for me, of which 1:47hr was in Zone 1 HR (0-137) and 9 mins in Zone 2 HR (138-145)

Eish, had to work a lot harder for my 1:56, 74% in Z4 (1:26), and 24% (28min) in Z3  :eek: