Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

Where is the line between youngster and not? Chris Jooste Jnr finished 3rd at Die Burger. He's something like 17!

Kids these days. Need to HTFU. At their age, we were pushing the wagons over the Drakensberg. No 32GI there, let me tell you. Nothing but pap and mealies and the occasional bokkie Pa shot with his haelgeweer. Maar nou ja, 'n Burger is nie meer soos 'n Burger hoort om te wees.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember to always use new products in training before race day. I used a pack of gel blocks and two bottles Endurance of 32Gi. I normally have a low gi bar halfway . The banana, date bar from Woolies is good.

32GI Endurance does not provide sufficient electrolyte replacement for racing at HIGH intensity. Which is why you now have Accelarate which is NOT low Gi !

I querried the Endurance product at the Cycletour Expo, and the OWNER told me no, you will need to use the gels/sweets for additional carbs , if the intensity is very high.

..and then a few months later, they brought out ACCELERATE

32GI Endurance does not provide sufficient electrolyte replacement for racing at HIGH intensity. Which is why you now have Accelarate which is NOT low Gi !

I querried the Endurance product at the Cycletour Expo, and the OWNER told me no, you will need to use the gels/sweets for additional carbs , if the intensity is very high.

..and then a few months later, they brought out ACCELERATE

Problem solved, they now cater for the Endurance type rides, and then the High intensity 2 - 3 hr races.

That's why I drink the first bottle of Endurance, and the second bottle of Accelerate during a race, as MDW suggested to me at the Argus Expo.

Where is the line between youngster and not? Chris Jooste Jnr finished 3rd at Die Burger. He's something like 17!

He is a machine!! He broke away in almost every league race this spring season...

Problem solved, they now cater for the Endurance type rides, and then the High intensity 2 - 3 hr races.

That's why I drink the first bottle of Endurance, and the second bottle of Accelerate during a race, as MDW suggested to me at the Argus Expo.

Not sure how the 32GI publicity started by my 2 cents is that there are waaaay to many E-ingredients in there for my liking! Strangely enough it is only their Endure range that has that nasty stuff and none of the their other products...

Crap one there.

i have heard of people sending in their Garmin file from the route as proof. Might try that if you have one.

Good luck

That will do, Buzzman...

All the evidence there.

Well done on your achievement.

That's a special milestone.

Alas!!! Good news, my Garmin time has been accepted as my official Die Burger Time, I am now super chuffed..... WooHoo!!!!!!clap.gif

Alas!!! Good news, my Garmin time has been accepted as my official Die Burger Time, I am now super chuffed..... WooHoo!!!!!!clap.gif

and that is awesome news. great result for a great result. ;-)

and that is awesome news. great result for a great result. ;-)

I fully agree and thanx to your guys super advice.....thumbup1.gif

He is a machine!! He broke away in almost every league race this spring season...

It is so great to hear that name here! Well done Chrisclap.gif Racing snakes of all kinds, be afraid, be very afraid!wink.png

Congrats to all thumbup1.gif

You guys need to let the (any) Marshal know, we try hard but sometimes miss these things with everything else going on.

Missed you out there Az! At least this time I didn't fade towards the end and took 3rd place in my group :D

I rode in $, but didn't really do any racing upfront. Wanted to take the last race a bit "easier" and take up everything.

Some of you might've seen my splits from last year and below is from this year:

7km - 15 minutes - 28km/h - 1st Darren Lill and then the first group after him must have done around 13 - 14 minutes.

23km - 31 minutes - 45km/h

30km - 46 minutes - 39km/h

30km - 46 minutes - 39km/h

32km - 39 minutes - 49km/h

92km - 131 minutes - 42km/h

Glad it wasn't you that took a tumble and big up's for going back to assist with your fallen team mate! thumbup1.gif

Missed you out there Az! At least this time I didn't fade towards the end and took 3rd place in my group :D

Nice one pipd me on the line my leadout for ladies wasn't good enuf damn. No brownie points for me

hi guy. Chris jnr jooste here. i can confirm to you guys that i did ride with junior gears. that is a 52/14. Spining like a hamster!!!!!

thumbup1.gif awesome result buddy

the distance of the burger is within the recommended distance that junior elite race (max of 120k's) and he is (should be) riding on restricted gears ie 53x14. u14's shouldn't race more than 40k's , u16's not more than 80.

sorry did not see earlier post wrt gears. great result for the youngsters.

Edited by ccc2

the distance of the burger is within the recommended distance that junior elite race (max of 120k's) and he is (should be) riding on restricted gears ie 53x14. u14's shouldn't race more than 40k's , u16's not more than 80.

sorry did not see earlier post wrt gears. great result for the youngsters.

Please explain the gear restrictions?