Is this a cycle lane?

Joe Low

Was getting frustrated with this lot on Saturday thinking the dotted yellow lane is a cycle lane, but maybe i'm wrong (its only January so its a bit early in the year for me to be wrong, but who knows?)?

Its in the Cradle and there are a lot of snapped-off plastic remnants along the edge of the lane which I guess were markers in a previous life. Altogether, very odd.

post-1944-0-39074500-1358232925_thumb.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, I love this section of the act.

Wonder how many road users is aware of it?

Hindering or obstructing traffic on public road

319. (1) No person shall willfully or unnecessarily prevent, hinder or interrupt the free and proper passage of traffic on a public road.

(2) Subject to the provisions of the Act or any other law, no person shall place or abandon or cause to be placed or abandoned on a public road any object that may endanger or cause damage to traffic on such road.

"were you driving when you took the photo"

haha its bound to come out at some point, always does

and then some cyclists wonder why other road users don't like them....

this makes my blood boil!

Why?

It looks like a downhill segment that a cycle could easily match a car at the maximum speed limit...

need for some club discipline, pace lines, echelons ext. If you look professional, then cars will treat you better.

http://www.lostrivercycling.org/images/pacelines.jpg

Edited by Witkop

"were you driving when you took the photo"

haha its bound to come out at some point, always does

i reckon he was testing his go pro..lol

Ooh, I love this section of the act.

Wonder how many road users is aware of it?

Hindering or obstructing traffic on public road

319. (1) No person shall willfully or unnecessarily prevent, hinder or interrupt the free and proper passage of traffic on a public road.

(2) Subject to the provisions of the Act or any other law, no person shall place or abandon or cause to be placed or abandoned on a public road any object that may endanger or cause damage to traffic on such road.

even cops do this unnessecarily though, Ive seen these halfwit cops rock up at an accident scene, no injuries, car rolled on an onramp (no clue how this chick managed to get that right) there was room for people to get past with minimal obstruction to traffic.

mr cop drives up next to the flipped car and stops and gets out, needless to say this blocked the onramp completely and traffic ground to a halt... it took him a few minutes before realising what he had done.

another time metro stopped their kombi to check out the rally special stage at a shopping centre (lots of parking availlable) but no they stop in the road in a lane and all jump out to watch the action cursing.gif

Why?

It looks like a downhill segment that a cycle could easily match a car at the maximum speed limit...

1. there is a dedicated cycle lane, use it

2. it pisses off other road users which will take it out on the next (innocent) cyclist they encounter

Edited by fanievb

Eish. Northcliff Cycles have not been getting positive PR these last few months...

Photos like this wont do them any favours either. (Presuming this is the club car following the riders, as it looks like their kit further up the road...)

Edited by StevieL

Then we wonder why tacks are thrown on the road in the cradle.

@ Zilla, no it is not a downhill, secondly, why what? are they entitled to ride like idiots, is this the way it is done in slaap stadt.

Fand, do you want to phone them and ask why there is a CFM car in Northcliff? Wait a minute, hold the horses .... Fand, fess up, you own Northcliff cycles.

Joe, your patience is exemplarrararry.

Looks to me as though Northcliff are overtaking another group of people. Black and white kit = Northcliff cycles.

Edited by Let's Ride