Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap. Does that crank/pedal even clear the shock?  This just looks like a bad idea.

It does doesn't it but, hell, I want that so bad. Titanium dualie. Drool worthy and left field ideas, what's not to like. What's the travel? 

It does doesn't it but, hell, I want that so bad. Titanium dualie. Drool worthy and left field ideas, what's not to like. What's the travel? 

Looks wise it's rather neat. But that shock offset looks pretty extreme, and I'd imagine some ankle rub would be a problem. I've read of numerous complaints about the Orbea rallon's shock that's in the way, and the offset is not nearly as bad. Also, those unsupported mounting bolts on the shock is interesting.

Looks wise it's rather neat. But that shock offset looks pretty extreme, and I'd imagine some ankle rub would be a problem. I've read of numerous complaints about the Orbea rallon's shock that's in the way, and the offset is not nearly as bad. Also, those unsupported mounting bolts on the shock is interesting.

I know, that coil is looking to snare some bark from my chunky monkey calfs. I was trying to see if the offset was pushed back in any way but doesn't look like it. Either way it is prolly going to cost too mucho euro and way out of my reach so the search for a Ti hooligan hard tail will have to do. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

I'm with you on this.When I see designs like this the first word that pops into my head is WHY?

It's pretty and all that but what value can it possibly add apart from easy access to the shock?

Having said that I used to be the very proud owner of a motorbike with a single sided swingarm. God I loved that bike.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I know, that coil is looking to snare some bark from my chunky monkey calfs. I was trying to see if the offset was pushed back in any way but doesn't look like it. Either way prolly is going to mucho euro and way out of my reach so the search for a Ti hooligan hard tail will have to do. 

There is a slight offset in lower part of the seat tube, but it looks like 10 mm at best.

*you can see it on the photo where the down tube and seat tube meet on the bottom bracket.

Edited by stefmeister

I'm with you on this.When I see designs like this the first word that pops into my head is WHY?

It's pretty and all that but what value can it possibly add apart from easy access to the shock?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/caminade-shares-titanium-enduro-prototype.html

"The damper is moved to the side, as on direct-draw motorcycles.

Unlike many designers who draw a bike starting with the general shape, we started by positioning the damper to promote a truly progressive ratio curve without any inflection of the curve, and especially not at the end of the travel.

The problem with this is that the damper must be closer to the wheel and very low in the middle of the seat tube. We could have used rockers to give a proper shape to the ratio but it would have been heavier and with a higher shock not favoring a low center of gravity. Therefore, we chose to slightly shift the damper and bend the top of the frame to get around this, which also gives the frame sensual forms."

The designer is 25 and not bashing him, I couldn't design a bottle opener that worked well, but I look back at some of the work I did at ad agencies when I was 25 and wonder wtf was I thinking / wtf was the client thinking of accepting that and paying money. I spent a year hiding death stars in every bit of work as a 'thing' and battle with a buddy at a different agency just because we could. 

Having said all that if that bike works then I still want it.