Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the bike Nico says will kill this thread off...

ccs-62657-0-29054700-1558607391.jpg

I like the look of that. I'm thinking I might head towards a shorter travel 29er for my next bike and step away from the 160mm realm as it's just over kill for most of CT. 

I like the look of that. I'm thinking I might head towards a shorter travel 29er for my next bike and step away from the 160mm realm as it's just over kill for most of CT. 

Pontification Alert*

I've got a few thoughts on this. I've recently moved on to a 140mm 29er (Jeffsy) and I could honestly not be happier. One of my mates is constantly on me about upgrading to a 150-160mm fork. There's this misconception that more is better. More travel = a better bike. Better for who and better for what is never accurately define tho. Why would I buy a 140mm bike and then turn it into a 160mm bike which I sold for the 140mm in the first place?

For me and the type of riding that I want to do on this bike 140mm is perfect. Yes when I get on to the rough stuff it feels less settled than the previous bike I owned but I knew that going in. And I guess if I was a better rider I would be much faster and the bike would feel more settled. On the smooth open stuff it's fast. I used to have a 650b Reign. My take on that is that that type of bike is perfect for the "gravity guy" who can only have 1 bike. I sold it to a mate for the bargain price of 16k including a coil shock which he unloaded for 3k so score for him. He loves it. I have a DH bike so the Reign was a little too close to the dh bike. Hence the Jeffsy. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Pontification Alert*

I've got a few thoughts on this. I've recently moved on to a 140mm 29er (Jeffsy) and I could honestly not be happier. One of my mates is constantly on me about upgrading to a 150-160mm fork. There's this misconception that more is better. More travel = a better bike. Better for who and better for what is never accurately define tho. Why would I buy a 140mm bike and then turn it into a 160mm bike which I sold for the 140mm in the first place?

For me and the type of riding that I want to do on this bike 140mm is perfect. Yes when I get on to the rough stuff it feels less settled than the previous bike I owned but I knew that going in. And I guess if I was a better rider I would be much faster and the bike would feel more settled. On the smooth open stuff it's fast. I used to have a 650b Reign. My take on that is that that type of bike is perfect for the "gravity guy" who can only have 1 bike. I sold it to a mate for the bargain price of 16k including a coil shock which he unloaded for 3k so score for him. He loves it. I have a DH bike so the Reign was a little too close to the dh bike. Hence the Jeffsy. 

Yes and its caused you to ride XC like with no knee pads. Naughty!

Never really liked the looks of Knolly or had anything that gave me a wish to ride one but this could be something to change my mind. On that shorter travel tip I think I'm about to go on. 

p5pb17204964.jpg

Never really liked the looks of Knolly or had anything that gave me a wish to ride one but this could be something to change my mind. On that shorter travel tip I think I'm about to go on. 

p5pb17204964.jpg

Jig that double link thing the shock runs on makes me nauseated

For sure, Knollys Ellsworth and the old Siverback Slider with the massive long rocker just couldn't get my head around. looks like some guys thought of it in a shed (and not in a good way like a Starling) and bolted it to the back end of the normal bike. I know the linkage works well and Knollys have a reputation for being 'engineers bikes' so you know they are dialled but still.

Thought that was at first but it's frame only and XL only. For a alu frame with pretty standard rear can I'd sy that would about par. Surely they aren't R36 new? You can get an evil following for R40K and that's full carbon beast mode.

It's the whole bike. The "XL frame only" part is in reference to the fact that there is only size XL available.

The whole spec is even listed in the description. It's an amazing deal if it is the right size.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

yeah, they can try put whatever bs spin on those linkage design, in the end of the day it's just an unnecessary/useless design to get past the spez patent.

It's the whole bike. The "XL frame only" part is in reference to the fact that there is only size XL available.

The whole spec is even listed in the description. It's an amazing deal if it is the right size.

Ja I also understand it to be the whole bike wrt the description, if not it would be pretty steep. If I was not building something else already I would have got this for sure. Blerrie nice!