Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

Not at all ... a guy in his shed building his own bike

Wouldn't have thought otherwise. Looks pretty diy to me.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all ... a guy in his shed building his own bike

The slack is whack. But I like the fact that he built it himself.

Open mold bikes. Duran used to ride for Dead Rabbit and their DH bike is a Dead Rabbit.

I've got a frame from the same Open mould company. Evolve also sells it and calls it the "Alpen" a 135/150mm trailbike. One year and 3 months in I'm very happy. The biggest problem untill now has been the Effective seat angle, which because I have long legs gets pretty bad with the 150mm fork since the frame was actually designed for a 120. I have Remedied it by getting a Pike DPA, with 120-150 and although I have not been able to ride it properly since being sick and now being on my way overseas for a week, I'm very happy. 

This is the Evolve one, pic looks weird because its a small and the seat is dropped. But Its nice and light and I am yet to break it. Also, I have not bothered to service the pivots since I built it and they still run smooth. 

post-1279-0-87629100-1561535557_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bos

I've got a frame from the same Open mould company. Evolve also sells it and calls it the "Alpen" a 135/150mm trailbike. One year and 3 months in I'm very happy. The biggest problem untill now has been the Effective seat angle, which because I have long legs gets pretty bad with the 150mm fork since the frame was actually designed for a 120. I have Remedied it by getting a Pike DPA, with 120-150 and although I have not been able to ride it properly since being sick and now being on my way overseas for a week, I'm very happy. 

This is the Evolve one, pic looks weird because its a small and the seat is dropped. But Its nice and light and I am yet to brake it. Also, I have not bothered to service the pivots since I built it. 

You've never braked it? Not even once? You're either going really slowly or you're a mountain biking god! 

You've never braked it? Not even once? You're either going really slowly or you're a mountain biking god! 

Funny guy..

Hey guys and gals. What would you suggest for an enduro bike on a budget of around R15k? I’m happy buying second hand.

Edited by Toto91

If you're willing to go 26'' you'll be surprised what you'll find.

Mmm, I would really prefer 29 or 27.5. But will keep it in mind, thanks!

Hey guys and gals. What would you suggest for an enduro bike on a budget of around R15k? I’m happy buying second hand.

You looking for a long travel monster truck or shorter travel and playfull/nimble bike?

If you want a monster truck there have been a few very nice Giant Reigns in the classifieds lately for around that price...