Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Go onto rbr forum and you will be amazed at how much Americans infact world wide these Chinese frames are ridden.

well,could you plz send me a link to rbr,or just tell me its full name?thx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well,could you plz send me a link to rbr,or just tell me its full name?thx

A quick Google search would get you here...

forums.roadbikereview.com

Hi guys

Looking at doing an order from Hong-fu end Jan/Feb.

Plan is:

FM057 which is 142-12 Through Axle

UD Gloss

BSA

Will also get a bar and stem

if anyone want to join to make it a bigger order then let me know,

RyanPMB already indicated he is also keen.

G

Just remember to buy a tru axle for the rear, as the frame is not supplied with one. You would need the Shimano standard axle and not the Syntace X12 one.CWC sells the Alero brand Shimano std you require.

Just remember to buy a tru axle for the rear, as the frame is not supplied with one. You would need the Shimano standard axle and not the Syntace X12 one.CWC sells the Alero brand Shimano std you require.

I made that mistake....

Our group order arrived yesterday! :)

These thru axles are expensive!

Thanks thanks,

Had a look, the Shimano XTR Through axle seems to be in the R680 ball park (CRC).

G

I made that mistake....

Our group order arrived yesterday! :)

These thru axles are expensive!

Has anybody bought wheels from DengFu or HongFu? If so, are they reliable wheels and how was the service?

I need a new pair of wheels after mine broke, but I can't afford to pay 15 grand for a Zipp or Mavic set.

Has anybody bought wheels from DengFu or HongFu? If so, are they reliable wheels and how was the service?

I need a new pair of wheels after mine broke, but I can't afford to pay 15 grand for a Zipp or Mavic set.

Both are probably the most reputable suppliers/dealers/sellers/distributors of all.

I would get quotes from both hongfu and dengfu. Probably hongfu would be cheaper because of shipping costs. The new wider profile wheels are the business! They are not firecrest wide, but wider than most others. Hubs, most are sealed bearings and very easy to maintain. Freebodies can be replaced by them as well if needing campy or sram or shimano.

Lastly last night to my own surprise, found out that 11spd sram/shimano cassette fits on the freebody's. Wheel was purchased mid last year

Bought mine from HongFu - I have the 56mm Aero Rims which are the new 27mm wide profile.

They not shown on the hongfu site, go view them on the UAMcycling website (its the same company as Hongfu)

As i ordered mine without the UAM decals (you do pay less for this), they didn't ship the rim tape, skewers and brake pads as highlighted on the site. The saving on the initial cost off set this expense however.

I had a problem with my front rim - it split quite badly - it was either a manufacturing problem or i can only assume it was the cars exhaust that melted the resin and led to the split. I had them for about 2 weeks, i sent a picture to HongFu and within 24 hours a replacement rim was in the post at no cost. I had to pay for the duty and the wheel rebuild though.(total +-R500) so not that bad if indeed it was due to my fault - but i appreciated the non hassle and customer service.

From a ride perspective, they ride amazingly. They are stiff a little twitchy (but you get use to it)

If the wind it blowing from the side, you can feel it pushing the wheels - but guess most deep suctions would suffer a similar effect.

If i am completely honest and started over, I would have probably gone for the 40mm but still overall - i love riding on them and can 100% recommend them

I finished building my FM099 at the beginning of december, just in time for base. Its been an absolute joy. Love every minute on it. It weights 8kg with shimano ultegra 6700 (not the lightest but VERY aerodynamic).

Ordered the frame and wheels through a friend of mine (not sure where exactly he gets it from).

Edited by build2race