Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

Fair point. But look at that list that TW posted, no one got fines, why should he then?

I don't think the fines not being listed in that article means there weren't any.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Travis.

Perhaps intention plays a role?

This must play some role. That's why there are tribunals etc, not everyone should be put in the same basket. Otherwise just give everyone a standard smack.

Guest Travis.

I don't think the fines not being listed in that article means there weren't any.

Possibly, but the fine is excessive. Unless, they are able to give a complete costing report on it, I cannot fathom how it can possibly be R26k. Unless they're trying to get funds back from testing everyone else too.

if they have provisionally suspended you already does that mean your 2 yrs is 4 months done already?

I was suspended on the 17th of May. Should the final outcome be that I'm banned for 2 years, that sentence will be dated back from the date of suspension.

In mountain biking there is no subvets... and the ballies have to race in the elite class...no wonder they all need gear :ph34r:

yes there is subvets in mtb, 30-35 and 35-39 .its a xco official class.i will be racing in one of those classes at worlds .

Possibly, but the fine is excessive. Unless, they are able to give a complete costing report on it, I cannot fathom how it can possibly be R26k. Unless they're trying to get funds back from testing everyone else too.

If one sees the fine as a mechanism to recover costs, then your post may be valid.

However, if one sees the fine as a punishment and a deterrent for cheating in the future, then the fine is spot on.

Slowbee..did you even read his confession? You make it sound as if the oke was popping into a van every night of the epic getting a blood transfusion and a poke with a needle. The steroid in the system was from 6 months prior when he did not even know he was doing the epic and when he was still focussed on weightlifting....i.e he had essentially quit the juice. I have stated my opnion on juicing and the accussed has admitted that he did have in his system so lets not dwell on that

Secondly, you comment about being two faced in our approach...well if this was a top contender...sorry then there would be no mercy...but its not..its a chap that was gifted an entry to the epicand was not competing for any top spots

Edited by Stretch

I don't believe the "I cannot afford the fine" is a valid argument.

They could easily arrange an affordable payment schedule over a longer time period probably with some interest added, which if its swiss based will be pretty low luckily.

The question will also arise how you could afford to do the event (not only the entry fee but all the other associated costs) or that you could sell your mtb and equipment to help contribute towards the cost.

Oh what crap man, interest added to the fine... where do you get off?

His event entry was sponsored if you care to read a few pages back.

I still say tell them to take their fine, write it on toilet paper and go wipe their arse with it, or like Dips says... send them a pineapple.

He is prepared to do the time and cannot afford a fine. R2500 fine would be acceptable but not R25k

FFS

LYRICS COME TO MIND

oh lord its hard to be humble WHEN YOU SO PERFECT in every way,,i cant wait to look in the mirror, because i get SO PERFECT EVERYDAY(i altered for effect)

You see, you willingly took out a loan. Thus understand you WILL be paying money back.

This is a fine, which is normally a debatable remunerate payment. Thus, if he states he can only pay this, or that, then that's the way it is. Read above what Wayne said about getting money back for less than R36k

A fine being a 'debatable remuneration payment'? Surely not?

If one sees the fine as a mechanism to recover costs, then your post may be valid.

However, if one sees the fine as a punishment and a deterrent for cheating in the future, then the fine is spot on.

It is a deterrent but why then what is value of the pro riders fines? IS the same fine applied to them? This is a case of beating up the little guy while letting the big guys walk.

This is a case of incidental doping, to which the rider admitted. The punishment is a ban for 2 years. Somehow the UCI feels thats not enough and R32,500-00 is more appropriate. Seem to me to be a money making racket and for me this seals it as far as any type of competitive event is concerned. The system is not just

I must say, I find the idea of testing riders who have f-all influence on a race just plain stupid..If someone where to test me at an event and I had a cold a month before - chances are there would a positive test for something because i certainly dont check what I am putting in...my primary objective is to get the cold/flu out with no consideration to what is being used...hell they might even find traces of some debbin poison every once in a while :ph34r:

I must say, I find the idea of testing riders who have f-all influence on a race just plain stupid..If someone where to test me at an event and I had a cold a month before - chances are there would a positive test for something because i certainly dont check what I am putting in...my primary objective is to get the cold/flu out with no consideration to what is being used...hell they might even find traces of some debbin poison every once in a while :ph34r:

Doper. :ph34r:

That was my point on the Seyffert thread.

Not all doping is equal.