Cooking and culinary tips/recipes

Wayne Potgieter

Apparently the Instant Pot available at Yuppiechef is the way to go.

At R3800...yeah I don't think so[emoji23][emoji44]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are pretty safe provided you familiarize yourself with the destructions. I use mine for sterilizing Mycology stuff. When it starts singing, that takes some getting used to.

I had a friend at school that burnt badly...steam is no joke..obviously she must have done something wrong ..she was in St4..will never forget that.. also that sound freaks me out.

Most likely a better question for the Braai thread, but here goes:

I love cooking on the weber, recently got a pizza stone which works like a dream. However I find that on the 3rd or 4th pizza the coals die out, then in comes the braai dragon and I need to jumpstart the fire again. How does one go about keeping your fire alive and kicking whilst the lid is closed. I have the bottom and top vents completely open.

Try closing the bottom vents halfway to prolong the coal life. You'll need to find the sweet spot where they're getting just enough air to burn but not too much to burn out quickly. Also try use charka triquettes. Much longer burn time as they use less filler in the production.

^^This, and not all briquettes are created equally. I've found that Namchar are shaaaaaaaite, whereas the Outdoor brand from Builders tend to last ages, and are (IMO) the best I've used to date. 

Checkers own brand seems to do okay, and WW's do pretty well, too. I haven't done any proper studies on the burn time, but that's my anecdotal experience. Test, test, test and then stick with that brand. 

The compaction really does make a difference. 

I had a friend at school that burnt badly...steam is no joke..obviously she must have done something wrong ..she was in St4..will never forget that.. also that sound freaks me out.

Wonderful cooking "utensil". Also remember my mom's in the house.... Never popped but more than once sprayed ceiling with goo when it was too full and the weight on top came off.

My parents gave us one as w wedding gift, and replaced it on our 20th anniversary. First one popped once after wife did not lock it properly... took us 2 weeks to clean the kitchen from boontjiesop...

We have a pressure cooker that we have used countless times - 1 000 x soups, leg of lamb so tender it falls of the bone in 60 mins, stews, etc. Tomato soup in 20 mins, butternut 40 mins, and so on.

If you plan on getting one get the electric one, and one that has a "browning" function. Do everything in the same pot, and dinner is ready within an hour max.

Well damn...why has it taken me so long to get one..the Masala Chicken was ready before the rice was and so tender..[emoji44]

Anyone got a good recipe for cauliflower base pizza?

Add cauliflower to "mangbak", smash with as much violence and all the hatred accumulated after a long day with the biggest tool you can find, things like hammer, axe etc come to mind. 

Once you have a lovely white moosh, moer it in the dustbin and mix 1 cup of cake flower, some yeast and a bit of lukewarm water and mix until solid. Let stand for a bit and roll flat. Add toppings....

Add cauliflower to "mangbak", smash with as much violence and all the hatred accumulated after a long day with the biggest tool you can find, things like hammer, axe etc come to mind.

Once you have a lovely white moosh, moer it in the dustbin and mix 1 cup of cake flower, some yeast and a bit of lukewarm water and mix until solid. Let stand for a bit and roll flat. Add toppings....

Hahahahahaha!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well damn...why has it taken me so long to get one..the Masala Chicken was ready before the rice was and so tender..[emoji44]

Only saw your post now... not at all surpised you like it! It really is a must have for anyone who spends time making food in the kitchen.

Its actually very good

That woman is the most irritating thing on earth. If Elon Musk shoots her into space, she'll be the most irritating thing there too......but at least she will then be silent!