What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Did anybody watch Big Little Lies? It is stupendously good, and the acting is superb. It doesn't feel acted, it feels real - like these people and scenarios exist in the world. I've still got 4 episodes to go, but man. Quite perplexed!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody watch Big Little Lies? It is stupendously good, and the acting is superb. It doesn't feel acted, it feels real - like these people and scenarios exist in the world. I've still got 4 episodes to go, but man. Quite perplexed!

Very good..

Did anybody watch Big Little Lies? It is stupendously good, and the acting is superb. It doesn't feel acted, it feels real - like these people and scenarios exist in the world. I've still got 4 episodes to go, but man. Quite perplexed!

The acting makes up for a so so script... Take the big two out of the production and it wouldn't be nearly as good. Nicole Kidman was incredible and very convincing.. Stand out actress for me

The acting makes up for a so so script... Take the big two out of the production and it wouldn't be nearly as good. Nicole Kidman was incredible and very convincing.. Stand out actress for me

What a great finish. Left me all warm. The Yoga chick must be Lenny Kravitz' daughter? Did I mention the soundtrack?

What a great finish. Left me all warm. The Yoga chick must be Lenny Kravitz' daughter? Did I mention the soundtrack?

listening to the soundtrack now ... flipping good stuff

binged Homeland. that was brilliant. They took it back to basics: spies, lies, politics, much less emo, so very much better. Claire Danes is just superb!

Edited by Capricorn

binged Homeland. that was brilliant. They took it back to basics: spies, lies, politics, much less emo, so very much better. Claire Danes is just superb!

Love Homeland. Each series has its own characters and a completely different feel. Don't know what to watch now for my 1 hour tv allowance a week.

That's good news. I watched the pilot and then never got back into the new season. Sounds like a perfect thing for a long weekend, oh, wait...

Anyone watch(ed) The Night Manager?

Anyone watch(ed) The Night Manager?

Watched and loved it.

I was ill the first time I watched it, then watched it again last month. Think I slept trough most of the series the first time.

Front of the seat stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

leftovers first episode did not disappoint!

cant rave about this show enough

"To spend five or six consecutive hours watching HBO's The Leftovers, as I did ahead of the start of the show's third season on Sunday, is to find most other shows on TV looking small by comparison.

The Leftovers, which made a quantum qualitative leap from its first to second season and maintains that quality level through the first six of eight final season episodes, is a tremendous iceberg of a show on which one could write endlessly about just one or two calving chunks of interest and come nowhere near delving into even a small portion of what lurks underneath.

The second episode of the third season features no fewer than three musical moments that left me clapping in my seat and that only a criminal would spoil. So many shows use music just to underline or force emotional moments, but The Leftovers selects songs as ironic counterpoint, as too-obvious symbolism, as jarring secondary intellectual layer and sometimes as something in-between.