What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

I made a decision not to watch any leaked episodes... beside not sure how the picture quality would be.. imagine watching episode 4 not in HD[emoji33] , if I watch it earlier then I have to wait longer for the following episode..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Some tool in my office was watching it as I walked past. It's streaming at 360p.

But ja, 1080p is the way to go

Edit - When you're spoiled with 1080p or 4k, 360p is ***

Edited by Jurgens Smit

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Raymond Feist was in Cape Town a few years back for a book festival, had my copy of Magician signed by him...

tbh his later books don't do it for me but his earlier works are brilliant!

True. I only read the first 3 books.. then I was introduced to Gemmell..and well I kinda got stuck with Gemmell for a few years[emoji23] [emoji23] and then moved on to Anne Rice.[emoji12]

Are people that pathetic that they can't wait 7 days for an episode?

yup.....you actually needed to ask

after saying that... I'm Happy to wait.

Are people that pathetic that they can't wait 7 days for an episode?

yup.....you actually needed to ask

after saying that... I'm Happy to wait.

I prefer just waiting 3/4 episodes and then doing a binge watch of sorts

I prefer just waiting 3/4 episodes and then doing a binge watch of sorts

No no no.. now that will be impossible...

We have a Monday evenings GoT ritual in the house...[emoji6]

The Defenders (2017)

Watched all 8 episodes last night and came away feeling... underwhelmed. I liked the slow build-up; the fact that each character got some time to him and herself was actually a nice touch. And the story for the first six episodes was fine - a bit predictable, but fine. 

But something felt off with the last two. Perhaps it was just too much of a build-up, perhaps I expected too much, but I felt let-down and when I finished watching I sat there thinking: Meh.

I won't go into details yet or discuss specifics, not until after the weekend, so as not to spoil it for people who are still going to watch it. I'll just say the way I feel now I score it 6/10, even though I really liked the first six episodes.

The Defenders (2017)

Watched all 8 episodes last night and came away feeling... underwhelmed. I liked the slow build-up; the fact that each character got some time to him and herself was actually a nice touch. And the story for the first six episodes was fine - a bit predictable, but fine.

But something felt off with the last two. Perhaps it was just too much of a build-up, perhaps I expected too much, but I felt let-down and when I finished watching I sat there thinking: Meh.

I won't go into details yet or discuss specifics, not until after the weekend, so as not to spoil it for people who are still going to watch it. I'll just say the way I feel now I score it 6/10, even though I really liked the first six episodes.

Midway through it myself. Certainly not as good as any of the other individual series.

The Defenders (2017)

I binged it on Friday (was on leave) and must say I have mixed feelings. There are certain elements that worked and some that didn't. 

I enjoy the fact that they gradually introduced the characters to one another and that the team-up wasn't instantaneous. Some of the choreography and photography was well executed and refreshing. Weaver, Cox and Ritter were excellent and I was surprised to see that Iron Fist was written much better than in his solo outing. That being said, it felt a tad forced to drag virtually all of the supporting characters of the solo shows in and their presence seemed either annoying (Page and Nelson) or just plain unnecessary. 

My Netflix-Marvel ranking:

1. Daredevil S01

2. Daredevil S02

3. Jessica Jones

4. Defenders

5. Iron Fist

6. Luke Cage

how far Jon Snow has traveled compared to the White Walkers on 'Game of Thrones'

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/59972039f1a85079738b52f4-2400/3sxbrmy.jpg