What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Yep. Apparently being an actress who doesn't own a TV and likes to read is now enough to make Twitter and online media take offence and go batsh!t crazy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

People like to go bat sit crazy over anything nowadays. Wish some people would just mind their own business in many cases

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shailene Woodley. Never really noticed her before but she made me laugh when she told an interviewer that she doesn't own a TV and prefers reading books when she was at the Emmys, where she was nominated to receive an award for best supporting actress in a limited series.

I quite like her.. versatile actress.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Shailene Woodley. Never really noticed her before but she made me laugh when she told an interviewer that she doesn't own a TV and prefers reading books when she was at the Emmys, where she was nominated to receive an award for best supporting actress in a limited series.

I thought that she was pretty good in the The Divergent film series and 'Big Little Lies' TV series

There is a dude in my office who is just like Sheldon from big bang.... Software engineer... Long and lanky... Pants like he's expecting floods... Every day sits on his own in the canteen and eats his lunch.... Which is always a pre cooked meal for one....[emoji16]

Watching the new season of Grand Designs, which made me want to watch a few of the old episodes again. I've never really lusted after a house, but I forgot how much I liked this one: 

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/home-garden/interiors/grand-designs-series-16-kevin-mccloud-falls-for-dursley-treehouse-in-gloucestershire-a104821.html#gallery

One Gloucestershire couple fulfilled a childhood dream by building a 'truly magical' 40ft-high tree house...

grand designs new zealand also opened up season 3. That view from the kitchen. omw But that she wants to do it all again??! there's something nutty going on there. :P

wrt GD UK latest ep: the irish barn was really good, a lot of building for their money. that guy did well!

Big little lies: i rather enjoyed that. Absolutely loved Witherspoons character, and felt Kidman's performance, while central, a bit wooden. surprised she won ahead of Witherspoon. but i'm splitting hairs: the show was definitely entertaining with many interesting characters. Skarsgard was did the creep-role some serious justice.

There is a dude in my office who is just like Sheldon from big bang.... Software engineer... Long and lanky... Pants like he's expecting floods... Every day sits on his own in the canteen and eats his lunch.... Which is always a pre cooked meal for one....[emoji16]

I suppose if you work with d1ckheads....

sorry, couldn't resist.

Just started watching The Sinner, I hope it turns out to be a goodie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manhunt Unabomber is pretty damn good! Even better is how good that UNABOMber manifesto really is. Some would like to say the guy is a nut and everything of him is equally crazy. The thing is, that latter perspective is a strawman's argument, as the manifesto's perspectives (largely, but not all of it) of the effect of technology on the world,  I find very cogent and persistently contemporary.

This series feels like a better True Detective because it has a basis in reality, without coming across as a documentary.

oh and Star Trek Discovery beamed into existence. Yummy #1.

Edited by Capricorn

Anybody watching Loch Ness?

nope, but I've added it to my list

Anybody watching the Orville? or Star trek Discovery?

October looks to be a busy month with a few new series and new seasons starting

post-12682-0-00920800-1506447090_thumb.png

Just finished watching Masterchef Aus, season 9 - a “family” favourite. We would watch 2-3 episodes per sitting, spread over the last 3-4 months.

Call me a sore loser, but I can’t help thinking that the wrong person won. Some talented cooks, some cute one’s too. Glad it’s over

Anybody watching the Orville? or Star trek Discovery?

October looks to be a busy month with a few new series and new seasons starting

Orville isn't working for me. Not much of a story and (for me) the humour fell flat. I liked ST Discovery enough that I'm looking forward to the next episode to see where they're going with the story. Will decide after that, but I definitely prefer it to Orville.

I still watch NCIS, Lucifer and Lethal Weapon but I've dropped most of the other series. Might try Gotham again but the other DC shows are too tweeny for me.

Shows I'm looking forward to are The Punisher, Vikings, SIX and Into The Badlands.

Gerald. Please please please put spoiler tags if there is something important there. We're still busy watching.

Apparently in the third or fourth last episode they (judges) advertise for the 2018 auditions... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk