What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend I started watching Son's of Anarchy ... I know I am late to the party, but been decent to watch so far (@ episode 8 on season 1 now)

Stopped watching around season 6. Great show up till then.

Human Magic.

new series on Netflix about a magician and his interactions with people. Amazing

It is pretty good.

This weekend I started watching Son's of Anarchy ... I know I am late to the party, but been decent to watch so far (@ episode 8 on season 1 now)

I’ve watched all 7 or 8 seasons while riding my IDT.

Enjoyed them all

Started watching “ Succession” on Sky Atlantic

Not bad so far (3 episodes)

Family fued over who will take over the fathers billion dollar business

I got bored of it when they all started getting married to each other

Agree

It should have ended several season ago when it was still funny.

It's boring now, and they are just milking every last drop out of it.

Agree

It should have ended several season ago when it was still funny.

It's boring now, and they are just milking every last drop out of it.

But thats generally what the US does with sitcoms.

The Brits seem to be a lot better at ending something at the top, sometimes frustratingly so. But I'm glad, for example, no one talks about the crap 10th season of Fawlty Towers or Black Adder.. (or my personal favourite, Black Books) Nope, they were great, they had a good solid short run and then bowed out gracefully.

• 2 weeks later...

tom Clancy's Jack Ryan.

It was interesting enough. Once in a while, a major script hole kind of spoils the flow of the story. Apparently, Season 2 already being minted for release in 2019. I'll bite on that. I hope that mega gorgeous 50yr old Cynthia Preston makes another cameo. Wow. :eek:   :blush:  ^_^

In similar vein, started BBC's Bodyguard series. Another series beating homeland security drum. So i expect some form of race'aphobia with a whiff of bodycount. The brits do have an interesting way of telling a story often in counterbalance to their cousins over the Atlantic.

Binged on Jack Ryan yesterday.

Does what it says on the box.

According to Wiki, based on characters from the fictional "Ryanverse" created by Tom Clancy.

I haven't read any of Clancy's books, but I used to jam Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six: Vegas a few years ago.

According to Wiki, based on characters from the fictional "Ryanverse" created by Tom Clancy.

I haven't read any of Clancy's books, but I used to jam Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six: Vegas a few years ago.

i really enjoyed that game back in the day. didn't get round to later versions with a more futuristic storyline though. heard it was sh1t3

Not much of a reader, but a huge splinter cell fan...

Enjoyed Tom Clancy's older books.. his Splinter cell series of books sucked.. didnt really play the games..

his older books are well written well researched and quite technical in nature. the newer books seemed rushed and poorly written

a few of his books made it into movies..

The Hunt for red October

Patriot Games

clear and present danger

Sum of all Fears