Chinese Carbon Wheels

Meezo

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody still selling Nextie rims in South Africa?

And: Ordering from China gives me the option to ship with EMS, DHL and Fedex. Any experience with the shipping duration with DHL or Fedex?

DHL or Fedex will be the way to go.

Anybody still selling Nextie rims in South Africa?

And: Ordering from China gives me the option to ship with EMS, DHL and Fedex. Any experience with the shipping duration with DHL or Fedex?

Nick the wheelbuilder does.

He built my set

Are you happy with these wheels...I am interested in 38 mm clinchers, see they only weigh 1319 g. What hubs did you use

So far so good - I haven't raced them much to be honest but the times I have they were fine.  I can't feel a huge difference over my old Zipp 606/404 Tubbie combo - they are very similar in performance, and the Zipp overall package is quite a bit lighter than the BladeX combo - (almost 300g actually), but I needed a set of new wheels for the TT bike that were 11sp Compatible, and these fitted my wallet.

They are Bitex hubs.

• 2 weeks later...

my wheels are delayed, sitting in JHB and RPX taking their sweet time to clear it.

Took them 3 days to tell me the didnt have the invoice. 2 days to come from China and 7 days to get it out of JHB.

Service standards in SA is just poor.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is slightly off topic but has anyone ever bought carbon bars from china?

Yes, Aliexpress and DH gate. keep in mind you get what you paid for. go for mid priced.

The cheaper ones might leave you at a loss..

Yes, Aliexpress and DH gate. keep in mind you get what you paid for. go for mid priced.

The cheaper ones might leave you at a loss..

Thanks. Yeah quality is my main concern. Really don't want a set of bars failing and have to pull a Hincapie into the ditch. Especially as I want them for my tandem.

I know guys that have EC90 and Enve Replicas.

None have have issues. 

Guys with EC90's have had some hard crashes bars are 100% even with direct impact.

Enve had a small fall no impact either..

I know guys that have EC90 and Enve Replicas.

None have have issues. 

Guys with EC90's have had some hard crashes bars are 100% even with direct impact.

Enve had a small fall no impact either..

What supplier/store did they buy them from? I think you can get replicas from just about any store, sometimes the user rating on aliexpress is not so reliable(I have seen some ratings where they slate the product in the review but give 5 stars because the seller responded quickly) But I want unbranded ones anyway. I don't want to be riding with something that says ENVE/easton if it isn't ENVE/easton.

What supplier/store did they buy them from? I think you can get replicas from just about any store, sometimes the user rating on aliexpress is not so reliable(I have seen some ratings where they slate the product in the review but give 5 stars because the seller responded quickly) But I want unbranded ones anyway. I don't want to be riding with something that says ENVE/easton if it isn't ENVE/easton.

Not sure..

I know this is slightly off topic but has anyone ever bought carbon bars from china?

I've brought in a set and my son has brought 2 sets (2 sets are integrated and 1 set is normal bars)

The normal bars were the cheap ones but nothing wrong with them.

Have seen the exact same bars for sale on the hub with a BIG mark up.