Sani2C 2014

Hermanus Cycles

My wife has a ladies L Aca Joe jacket to swop for a XL or even XXL.

thos e ladies sizes were crazy small!

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10km in to the day 1 stage, my partner's crank arm bolt fell out and the crank arm kept falling off. We had to MacGuyver the hell outta the crank with cable ties, a spare cog and a crank bolt tool. The solution lasted 15km before the cable ties started breaking and we had to redo it. At the final waterpoint, we met his wife and his tool box which contained a QR and a couple of headset caps. This provided us with the permanent fix.

What an adventure!

post-19617-0-73332900-1400494620_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-20738300-1400494621_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-87999100-1400494624_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-48791400-1400494625_thumb.jpg

Our first Sani, UNBELIEVABLE ride and experience, unfortunately I had a accident on the second day around 18km into the race a nasty fall total dismount from the bike, flying off with bike coming from behind and went shoulder/head first into the singletrack at around 40km/h downhill. Initially though my shoulder were off. Medics at WP2 wanted me to rather stop the race and I told them I already did 60km's with my pinky (which was in extreme pain) and will finish the last 30km's and see the doctor at the finish line. Doctor told me the pinky is broken and was given some painkillers and strapped the finger. Ended up finishing the whole Adventure, broken pinky and all, and mostly cycling the last day with 1 arm (my shoulder and pinky was just in too much pain. Today its xrays/sonars ect. but damn, Farmer Glen and his team/sponsors put a great ride together and missing it so much already. Well Done!!!

After seeing doctors/xrays/sonars I have a slight AC joint separation and broken fracture in my pinky, seeing Orthopedic on Wednesday and hoping for no surgery on the finger.

Edited by Dom the Don

Did anyone else have anything 'shopped' from their boxes? Picked my box up at jolivet to find it open and that someone had deemed that my wallet and Gopro bag (accesories) looked better on them than me.

I reported it to Mandy and i tell you what, I would not like to get on her bad side. I actually felt sorry for the Supergroup supervisor.

Kudos to them for taking as much action as possible.

One of the best Sani2c's. The new barns and other changes were a hit. Day 3 we even had fried banana at the first waterpoint, amongst the chelsea buns, boerewors, choclates and all the normal stuff.

Cant wait for next year.

One of the best Sani2c's. The new barns and other changes were a hit. Day 3 we even had fried banana at the first waterpoint, amongst the chelsea buns, boerewors, choclates and all the normal stuff.

Cant wait for next year.

My day 3 highlight was the food at the WP's. WP1 had the best potatoes of the race and amazing bacon and sausages. WP2 had such awesome fried chicken strips with mayo dip.

Only bad experience we had was that my partners box was nowhere to be found on the second day, after rescheduling massages in the hopes that his box will be found and walking past every single tent just to make sure someone didnt took the wrong box his box finally pitched up around 19:30 that evening and they told us they found is in Scottburgh.

Did anyone else have anything 'shopped' from their boxes? Picked my box up at jolivet to find it open and that someone had deemed that my wallet and Gopro bag (accesories) looked better on them than me.

I reported it to Mandy and i tell you what, I would not like to get on her bad side. I actually felt sorry for the Supergroup supervisor.

Kudos to them for taking as much action as possible.

Can't say I heard of anything - rode the Adventure. Which event did you ride?

Only bad experience we had was that my partners box was nowhere to be found on the second day, after rescheduling massages in the hopes that his box will be found and walking past every single tent just to make sure someone didnt took the wrong box his box finally pitched up around 19:30 that evening and they told us they found is in Scottburgh.

jees - broken bones and missing boxes and you still smiling?

same thing happened to us last year in jolivet..stood around for 2 hours in the rain trying to find our boxes...eventually they were luckily found

last year there was stuff stolen from the charging station. They have beefed up security there this year, and was pleased to see a big focus on hygiene this year. Gloves and washing stations at all places

My day 3 highlight was the food at the WP's. WP1 had the best potatoes of the race and amazing bacon and sausages. WP2 had such awesome fried chicken strips with mayo dip.

day 3 WP1 often wins the award for best WP..those mini boerewors rolls are the bomb

day 3 WP1 often wins the award for best WP..those mini boerewors rolls are the bomb

jeez, we didn't even bother stopping there - 21km in - just find it way too early for a wp.

*edited - spelling.

Edited by ricochet_rabbit

jeez, we didn't even bother stopping there - 21km in - just find it way too early for a wp.

*edited - spelling.

Got to stop there. World class. Those freshly cooked, warm, buttered potatoes, and the Chelsea bun slices. Eish.

*edited - spelling.

Ha ha.. my first sani I was much faster then my partner so was forced to stop there... Discovered their wares and make a conscious decision every year to stop and smash a few mini boerie rolls