Isuzu 3 towers

martinsnyman

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SO WHO OF THE GROUP WERE THE MACHINES??

Just oom and mike...skillz got sick on day 1 and 2, mr singletrack felt hondnaai on day 3 and mackie and me did the girly distance and I broke some teeth. Iron and boosted had and insane day 1 but a rough day 2 I believe.

The senior citizens obviously used salusa 45 cause they were going strong

Just oom and mike...skillz got sick on day 1 and 2, mr singletrack felt hondnaai on day 3 and mackie and me did the girly distance and I broke some teeth. Iron and boosted had and insane day 1 but a rough day 2 I believe.

Did you realy looose some teeth?. I left mine there last year on a casual ride

senior citizens

HEY OOM STILL NO RESPECT FROM THESE YOUNGSTERS

I am sure he asked for discount when buying beers, flashing his pensioners card everywhere. ;)

Oh forgot, think VinnyDaButcher also did very well

I am sure he asked for discount when buying beers, flashing his pensioners card everywhere. ;)

Oh forgot, think VinnyDaButcher also did very well

SURELY THE DONT NEED THE CARD AS PROOF :ph34r:

Did you realy looose some teeth?. I left mine there last year on a casual ride

Yea I am afraid its not a joke, it looks hysterical though...hahahha, coming down on day 1 through the switchbacks, mouth open like a blerrie tdf star i miss judged the one drop, CLANK, bottom jaw snap top jaw, front tooth cracked in half. Was moer sore for about 6 hours and then I just drank to take the pain away and it didn't come back, great result.

Not looking forward to the dentist this week though, eish

Respect to the guy that did the race on that beautiful orange fatbike! Seems that most hubbers did the challenge and not the race?

Respect to the guy that did the race on that beautiful orange fatbike! Seems that most hubbers did the challenge and not the race?

Most hubbers there that I knew did the race.

Hondnaai is an understatement. Yoh I suffered on day 3. In all fairness though, the route on day 3 is actually not that tough. I was nauseous throughout the night before day 3 and was even thinking about giving day 3 a skip because I felt super shyte. But I felt slightly better in the morning and decided to HTFU and work for my medal. The nauseous-ness came and went every now and again but I finally blew some chunks mid-ride coming down ol’avalanche. I knew it wasn’t far to go so I just pushed through till the end. I think the adrenaline carried me to the finish because I barely made it back to the tent.

You won’t hear me complaining about the trails though. Yes, the climbing was tough and the heat always makes it even worse, but that is part of the fun. I did klap some of the bush tunnels HARD though which made it all worthwhile

This dude is busy training for some extreme race in the Antartika .

Hondnaai is an understatement. Yoh I suffered on day 3. In all fairness though, the route on day 3 is actually not that tough. I was nauseous throughout the night before day 3 and was even thinking about giving day 3 a skip because I felt super shyte. But I felt slightly better in the morning and decided to HTFU and work for my medal. The nauseous-ness came and went every now and again but I finally blew some chunks mid-ride coming down ol’avalanche. I knew it wasn’t far to go so I just pushed through till the end. I think the adrenaline carried me to the finish because I barely made it back to the tent.

You won’t hear me complaining about the trails though. Yes, the climbing was tough and the heat always makes it even worse, but that is part of the fun. I did klap some of the bush tunnels HARD though which made it all worthwhile

Nice broer....nice :thumbup:

Great ride tough as they come, i'm sure but well worth it .Nice to see the usual suspects out there in full force.

SURELY THE DONT NEED THE CARD AS PROOF :ph34r:

Oi DIPS - laaities already ganging up, don't encourage them!!

Great ride tough as they come, i'm sure but well worth it .Nice to see the usual suspects out there in full force.

Lets talk about the missing SUSPECTS.... :ph34r:

Was nice seeing most of the boys out there - met up with Rouxtjie day 1 on the final staight, bumped into Oompie Jezza and @MikeBike a few times - saw @Karma and @MRSingletrack end of day 3 - they seemed very happy to be done with it. Alos had a chat to @Iron on day 1.

Really lekka ride out - took my partner and I 2 days to get out chemistry right - day 3 was quick. Boosted the ego a bit to pass the leading ladies on the avalanche - then it was ballz out to the finish!

Tried to run this am but it seems I forgot to pack the legs in again.

Well worth outing.

I`ll just stay closer by next year as we could not travel in with the kids every night for the `show` so missed out on that a bit.