Isuzu 3 towers

martinsnyman

Great ride tough as they come, i'm sure but well worth it .Nice to see the usual suspects out there in full force.

some barely with half force :ph34r:

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hondnaai is an understatement. Yoh I suffered on day 3. In all fairness though, the route on day 3 is actually not that tough. I was nauseous throughout the night before day 3 and was even thinking about giving day 3 a skip because I felt super shyte. But I felt slightly better in the morning and decided to HTFU and work for my medal. The nauseous-ness came and went every now and again but I finally blew some chunks mid-ride coming down ol’avalanche. I knew it wasn’t far to go so I just pushed through till the end. I think the adrenaline carried me to the finish because I barely made it back to the tent.

You won’t hear me complaining about the trails though. Yes, the climbing was tough and the heat always makes it even worse, but that is part of the fun. I did klap some of the bush tunnels HARD though which made it all worthwhile

Did you have the famous chicken braai on Saturday night. Last year my partner had the same issue.Maybe one or two of those thousands of chickens are a little bitgreen?

And no one mentions the shammy cream?

My partner been nagging me for years now to get a decent pair of Bibs . So I got a 2 of those bibs )Craft) they sold there at the venue . I did not even need cream and my back side are perfect today . Never to old to learn , I still cannot believe the diffirence these things made .

Most hubbers there that I knew did the race.

Sjoe. And there I was, a roadie, rubbing shoulders with the Hubber MTB legends, did not even realise!

I'm impressed with your day 1 time Rouxtjie 3:30. Serious riding!!

Sjoe. And there I was, a roadie, rubbing shoulders with the Hubber MTB legends, did not even realise!

I'm impressed with your day 1 time Rouxtjie 3:30. Serious riding!!

No no no mnr, you have it wrong, I did the challenge and loved life....I am too kuk to race, so rather enjoy myself..

Iron, Boosted and vinny...they are the hardman snakes.

PS where did you get the results, I want to send a link to Swift01...pappa needs to collect his case of beers

Edited by rouxtjie

And no one mentions the shammy cream?

Shammy cream for the win!!!

Kept my bum soft n smooth

Shammy cream for the win!!!

Kept my bum soft n smooth

+1, but had to borrow from mackie...he insisted on no double dipping :whistling:

+1, but had to borrow from mackie...he insisted on no double dipping :whistling:

I agree, if you use my shammy cream and you double dip... that tub becomes yours and you buy me a new one

No no no mnr, you have it wrong, I did the challenge and loved life....I am too kuk to race, so rather enjoy myself..

Iron, Boosted and vinny...they are the hardman snakes.

PS where did you get the results, I want to send a link to Swift01...pappa needs to collect his case of beers

Oh, ok. U mentioned the 3:30 earlier in the thread. I can't want for the results to be up. Will let the Hubbers know.

Ride of the weekend goes to Oom and Mike, blitzed us laaties.

The climb before water point 2 on the second day, I ride into Mordor, hit the wall and threw a tantrum on the last bit to the water point. Found my personality later though. Rouxtjie and I klapped a bottle if Captain for the pain.

The rugger with the boys on Saturday was also a blast, nearly threw a chair at the big screen though.

Meeting the boys and having a few beers and laughs were the highlight of my weekend!

Just got back to DBN.

Those bush tunnels are insane! Proper MTB route will be back next year without a doubt.

The two epic fails of the weekend were Swift's bail, that will teach him to try mix it with the manne in the single track, the second was the food!

That Enduro route down from the climb yesterday was also brilliant, had a blast going down there, had a clean run and spanked it down, shame Rouxtjie was squealing about his hands, serves him right for riding a rigid....

Edited by Mackie