Nice Technical analysis of the 26, 27.5 and 29er technology

awesme

if you have a good ride, read and enjoy, and GO ride your bike, if you looking at changing bikes, read and consider as a option.

G

so what are they saying...

lets explore the 27.5 market now, we have done the 29er already?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

""http://lp3.pinkbike.org/p1pb6168857/p1pb6168857.jpg Can we expect to see 29 and 26-inch wheels eventually disappear in Giant's consumer-priced bikes in the near future?

· 26-inch for sure, but 29-inch will be dependent on market feedback. That said, if the market progresses the way we believe it will, 29-inch will be phased out in approximately two years....again, totally dependent on market feedback.""

bwhahahaha- some people are going to be miff, i am already stuffed with 26" so going to enjoy riding my antique as long as i can :cursing:

Most important part to note:

PB: Can we expect to see 29 and 26-inch wheels eventually disappear in Giant's consumer-priced bikes in the near future?

· 26-inch for sure, but 29-inch will be dependent on market feedback. That said, if the market progresses the way we believe it will, 29-inch will be phased out in approximately two years....again, totally dependent on market feedback.

Also worth mentioning that SA follow UK / Euro trends closer than US trends.

Guest Omega Man

so what are they saying...

lets explore the 27.5 market now, we have done the 29er already?

No what they are saying is let's "invent" a completely new "standard" and convince everyone that the current technology is totally obsolete and completely useless. We'll use terms like contact patch, stiffness and grip to cover up the fact that the change comes from the marketing department rather than the Tech department.

It worked for headsets, bb's, handlebar diameters, axle lengths why wouldn't it work for a wheel size?

After all. that 29er thing gave the whole industry a massive cash injection.

I am super keen on a Bronson tho so if anyone is looking to buy a Reign X Hit me up.

Edited by Omega Man

No what they are saying is let's "invent" a completely new "standard" and convince everyone that the current technology is totally obsolete and completely useless. We'll use terms like contact patch, stiffness and grip to cover up the fact that the change comes from the marketing department rather than the Tech department.

It worked for headsets, bb's, handlebar diameters, axle lengths why wouldn't it work for a wheel size?

After all. that 29er thing gave the whole industry a massive cash injection.

Yip happens everywhere....road, track, TT, cyclocross, xc, marathon, AM and downhill. They will think up newer and cooler stuff and we will buy them.

Giant is not cycling. Giant is a part of cycling.

Just sayin'

hahahah thank goodness I only like niner bikes, they are how do I say.....committed

Oddly enough I kinda agree with Giant.

If I owned a large multicorporate like Giant and wanted to pick 1 wheel size it would be the 650B. Current 29er trend demands bigger wheels but DH bikes are really difficult to get right in 29er.

650B satifsies the "we want bigger" wheels crowd and still allows their DH designers to make good bikes.

Making only 650B means having 1/3 of the jigs/assembly rigs etc.

A good business choice in my opinion.

Oddly enough I kinda agree with Giant.

If I owned a large multicorporate like Giant and wanted to pick 1 wheel size it would be the 650B. Current 29er trend demands bigger wheels but DH bikes are really difficult to get right in 29er.

650B satifsies the "we want bigger" wheels crowd and still allows their DH designers to make good bikes.

Making only 650B means having 1/3 of the jigs/assembly rigs etc.

A good business choice in my opinion.

and they look nice...

Gonna keep my niner hardtail but when it comes time for a new ds 29 i reckon im gonna get a 27.5 Trance.