Koos Klopper

jmaccelari

Update: I've just been to see Koos, and there is a vast improvement,the bodily swelling has gone down, his colour is back and he is very stable! Theresa and I spoke to the Dr and he is very happy with the condition! They are slowly reducing adrenaline and are slowly going to bring him out of sedation and see if he can breath on his own! Its looking good! Doubletririder, thank you for all you did,Theresa is trying to contact you but I think your cell number is written down wrong, so please get hold of me. The real issue with the lady was that she never reported the accident to SAPS within 24 hours, but she did go yesterday with Theresa and has admitted to going through red, so that's all sorted! We just need that witness statement please... I would just like to say, guys, we all know this can be a dangerous sport on dangerous roads, but I like to "believe" that no person would purposely run a cyclist down.

Nice post and thanks for the update!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Along the dangerous roads line:

Monday morning (+/-7:00) on Franschhoek pass a delivery vehicle, driving in the yellow lane, hit one of two joggers coming from the front. They were in full reflective clothing etc.

The person (a sushi chef in Franschhoek) is injured but alive - broken bones, facial damage, etc.

Morning everyone, i as was on the scene the morning of Koos accident, and what a terrible thing to see specially if you a newby. It is horrible what happened to Koos and my best wishes to him, i just wish i could do more on the scene to assit him, but welldone to Netcare 911 who gave him the best treatment possible. I assited the lady who loaded his bike into her car and it was terrible to feel a bike that was broken in half.

I need to tell you all about the the lady that hit Koos and sometimes we here stories from everyone, i was there so i will tell you all.

Yes, there were witnessess on the scene and good reliable witnessess who saw everything.

Yes the lady was there, that hit, but she was there till the end till they put koos in the ambulance and drove off, only then did she leave.

Yes, the police was on the scene and i made use of contacts to get them as fast as possible to come to the scene.

the police took all the relevant details of everyone and informed as a case will be open and a detective will be in contact.

I dont say what she did was right, it was far from that, she was also shocked and worried.

When they put koos into the ambulance she asked the lady that also stopped if she can get Teressa number to call and find out how he is doing

I will try and keep you posted wrt the case and what is happening.

welcome to the hub and thank you for the information

Jason one would assume that the police did take the ladies statement at the accidenct scene. Maybe they did and she was under the ompression that there is no need to go to SAPS again. Glad its sorted though!!

See hallo vir Koos Langgat!!

I just had one of the reps here at our shop.

He has been speaking to Koos' dad.

The lady did go to the police station on her own accord to report the incident.

She also feels very bad and is struggling to deal with it, she is in contact with his dad on a daily basis.

Left her number? Clearly she was very concerned about the poor individual she'd just run down.

Would this not be considered leaving the scene of an accident? This is disgusting, I wonder if she's even bothered to report the accident.

My Thoughts exactly. Surely in an accident when someone has been injured, you may not move the vehicles, and the people involved need to be there until the police say they can leave ?

I hope this b!tc% gets what she deserves..................I really do.

Just hear that Ryan o Connor (Radio DJ on KFM) was also knocked off his bike whilst out on a training ride...

What has this world of ours come to??? {rhetorical...no need to answer}

So youre upset because he apologised, wow what a rough day you must be having.

read again... While he was laughing...

My Thoughts exactly. Surely in an accident when someone has been injured, you may not move the vehicles, and the people involved need to be there until the police say they can leave ?

I hope this b!tc% gets what she deserves..................I really do.

Yoh....you obviously did not read the whole thread ....

She also feels very bad and is struggling to deal with it, she is in contact with his dad on a daily basis.

Good to know ...all the best Koos...

Thank Dangle. Obviously the lady feels terrible about what happend. I feel sorry for her