TBMTBC what you are not allowed to talk about on FB group

Guest Smimby

i ride those trails a lot. they are awesome and i don't know what improvements/changes you okes want made. they are continuosly fixing the trails and adding new sections (hoogekraal + another new bit coming soon. also green corridor between hoogekraal and conters).

can't comment on the FB issue - i don't do FB.

from my riding experience there, i am happy with the way things are being run. for R550 per year - no complaints.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Smimby

We are hoping to find a better solution for the fence step overs on the green corridor. And the Burry Stander section.

What / who is TBMTBC???

Table mountain something something??

In this case you mean, "Table Bountain" ;)

Remember a while back there was a thread about the Illuminati.. Watch out, the powers that be are probably watching us as we type :ph34r: :w00t:

Criticize?

I see it as discuss, and if you are not ALLOWED to discuss it anywhere else you go to a place where you are allowed to talk about it.....

So here we are, talking about how to make great things better and get rid of the bad things

Ok, so discuss, cause from where I'm sitting you are moaning about arguably the biggest and "best" club in SA

Ok, so discuss, cause from where I'm sitting you are moaning about arguably the biggest and "best" club in SA

Biggest - no.

Best - debatable reading through this thread.

But quite simple, why have a facebook page whe one is not prepared to be open, honest and transparent ?

Problem with committees is universal.

Nobody wants to do the work. The people that end up volunteers have the power going to their head.

Guest Smimby

@ Smimby: where is the burry stander section exactly?

if you come go past the road that lead up to dorsberg, you carry on around the corner and then take the left for up a short steepish switchback.

You then do a few switchbacks and come down to a little bridge.

I don't understand why the FB page has so many posts that gets deleted.

Apparently they don't want the landowners to see the questions and the comments on the clubs FB page hence they remove comments.

But why not rather ask what is wrong that make people ask those questions in the first place? Treating the symptom does not help.

Clear, correct, timely communication without attacking anyone can solve/ prevent situations.

Glad some of us can at least voice our opinions here.

On the Facebook page there are about 1400 members, I think it has been explained with the previous mud slinging contest there why it is not an ideal way to communicate and the post was mutually deleted. There is no way that you will get a solution to you problem when 1400 people each give their opinion about a problem and inevitably it will just change into a fight, like it will turn into a fight here.

You are now doing exactly what the club try to avoid, complaining about a club that people are jealous of after seeing our trail on the Epic.

Seriously, how can it be that important to see the constitution that you want to voice it here, what is in there that will make a difference in how we MTB?

On the FB page it has been explained why maintenance can not be done before it starts raining and we get an update on that weekly.

If you are concerned about the money, well, that is a different story all together, but then join the committee and sort it out.

As for copying boards, no one will be able to stop that, if members feel that is what they want to do, you cannot stop that, but just to make sure they try, we now have the security company looking out for non members on our trails.

The wire crossing, it is still private land, something that, if I remember correctly, we struggled to get, after the previous committee made a complete meal of it and we had to suck up to the land owners to be able to use it again.

Anyway, like you say, each to his, but I really think this is bad taste of you to try and put pressure on the committee that we selected by posting this here and not setting up some sort of a meeting with the guys to discuss.

Anyway, like you say, each to his, but I really think this is bad taste of you to try and put pressure on the committee that we selected by posting this here and not setting up some sort of a meeting with the guys to discuss.

AFAIK scuzz, that's EXACTLY what they've been trying to do. Repeatedly. With no joy at all. Hence voicing it here as a last resort.

EDIT: And I hardly think it's a case of people complaining just because they're jealous of the trails. It's MEMBERS complaining. That means they ride the trails. As to how to avoid complaints - you cannot avoid them. But neither can you brush them under the carpet and delete all correspondence not to your liking. That will incite a backlash of epic proportions, and lead the members to where they are now - trying a non-official public forum platform in order to get their attention after all other attempts have failed.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Scuzzy, I'm not a TBMTB member, but I do know a few. It seems to me that they are trying to get a meeting with the "Powers That Be" to discuss exactly this issue, but have met with a tactic of avoidance / procrastination.

On the Facebook page there are about 1400 members, I think it has been explained with the previous mud slinging contest there why it is not an ideal way to communicate and the post was mutually deleted. There is no way that you will get a solution to you problem when 1400 people each give their opinion about a problem and inevitably it will just change into a fight, like it will turn into a fight here.

You are now doing exactly what the club try to avoid, complaining about a club that people are jealous of after seeing our trail on the Epic.

Seriously, how can it be that important to see the constitution that you want to voice it here, what is in there that will make a difference in how we MTB?

On the FB page it has been explained why maintenance can not be done before it starts raining and we get an update on that weekly.

If you are concerned about the money, well, that is a different story all together, but then join the committee and sort it out.

As for copying boards, no one will be able to stop that, if members feel that is what they want to do, you cannot stop that, but just to make sure they try, we now have the security company looking out for non members on our trails.

The wire crossing, it is still private land, something that, if I remember correctly, we struggled to get, after the previous committee made a complete meal of it and we had to suck up to the land owners to be able to use it again.

damn, we're all jealous of the paradise that TB has created.

You can defend the actions or learn from it. If FB is not your choice of communication then the others need to work. posting on the FB wall was not first attempts to get answers. Just deleting posts without reasons stated means you escalate the problem.

Constitution should be freely available to members. Could put it in a password protected section of page or just mail it to the guy.

In this case you mean, "Table Bountain" ;)

TafelBerg would work, sort of.

Guest Smimby

Cool lets discuss...

Should we have have had access to financials and CONSTITUTION by now? What do you think? answers like YES / No

is a discussion

Should one person have the sole rights to delete FB posts?

Are we handling the FB page correctly?

Sould we delete stuff, so the landowners can not see it, or should we RESOLVE it on the FB page so the landowners can see that the club handles it questions/conflict promtly and transparently?

What is acceptable maintenace during summer?

Lets discuss the fence climb overs, is there another way? Can we maybe build small bridges over the ruts on the Burry section?

What do you feel, should members of a club take ownership of said club and offer their services, and when / if they do and it is not used? tons of planks come to mind...

Should there be so many things that you are not allowed to talk about? Or should we stand together and assist ?

Come summer, our trails will take a beating, is there other ways to maintain them? Anyone own a bowser? or can we at least sweep the dry stuff of the corners? Why should we not do that lets discuss it here where the comments do not get deleted.

What you think?

Amazing how people only state what they want you to know. Da Vinci you know that as far as finances go the club is still recovering from a major financial setback that nobody wants to talk about. As for you Coenie(same dog as your FB profile) well you just want to cause trouble and no you cannot work the trail in summer cause the clay is rock hard and cannot be molded, a principal you fail to understand, you still feel you can fix the trail with your cycling shoe.

The club cannot please everyone but seems to be pleasing 95% of the members??

Get a life people, as long as we have stunning trails at a budget price, lets just ride our bikes.

P.S. The person managing the FB page has a day job but still tries to answer questions timeously, he is not perfect and does not get paid for his time BUT does try to help!!

Cool lets discuss...

Should we have have had access to financials and CONSTITUTION by now? What do you think? answers like YES / No

is a discussion

Should one person have the sole rights to delete FB posts?

Are we handling the FB page correctly?

Sould we delete stuff, so the landowners can not see it, or should we RESOLVE it on the FB page so the landowners can see that the club handles it questions/conflict promtly and transparently?

What is acceptable maintenace during summer?

Lets discuss the fence climb overs, is there another way? Can we maybe build small bridges over the ruts on the Burry section?

What do you feel, should members of a club take ownership of said club and offer their services, and when / if they do and it is not used? tons of planks come to mind...

Should there be so many things that you are not allowed to talk about? Or should we stand together and assist ?

Come summer, our trails will take a beating, is there other ways to maintain them? Anyone own a bowser? or can we at least sweep the dry stuff of the corners? Why should we not do that lets discuss it here where the comments do not get deleted.

What you think?

I think you need a tablet....

Attend the AGM and see the financials and constitution

WTF

You have elected a committee to run the club on your behalf

If you don't like what they are doing vote some one else in or even put yourself up for election and do some work