MotoGP

SeaBee

Yeah, agreed SK. Ducati were always going to romp this race, but Lorenzo binning it two laps from the end came as a total surprise. However, I saw the crash coming. The moment the bike stepped out of line I knew he was going to bin it. I actually felt quite sorry for him in that moment. Rossi must also be thanking his lucky stars as he would have dropped to 4th in the championship had Lorenzo not put it in the gravel. You really have to wonder what is going on with Yamaha, and whether they have just given up on 2018 completely. 16 and 19 seconds behind the winner is just shocking. 

As for Romano, I think there is not much else to be said. He should have gotten a lifetime ban for that, as it is not the first time he has pulled **** like this. And in the wake of not getting this ban, I feel that his team should take the stance and moral high ground, and fire him. And the other teams should have a gentleman's agreement to not hire him again. No-one needs behaviour like that associated with them. It's pathetic.

Great, looks like he's losing his MV Agusta ride for next year

https://www.instagram.com/p/BniSKRQFnUx

Edited by bertusras

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: Romano Fenati has been sacked by the Marinelli Snipers Team:

'Here we are. Now we can communicate that the Marinelli Snipers Team shall terminate the contract with the rider Romano Fenati, from now on, for his unsporting, dangerous and damaging conduct for the image of all.

'With extreme regret, we have to note that his irresponsible act endangered the life of another rider and can't be apologized (for) in no way. 

'The rider, from this moment, will not participate anymore to a race with the Marinelli Snipers team.

'The team, Marinelli Cucine, Rivacold and all the other sponsors and the people that always supported him, apologize to all the World Championship fans.'

Good friggen riddance! 

Great news. Team Sky should take note of how to deal with people who continuously and intentionally endanger the lives of those around them.

Fixed

Sigh, Fenati's got history I believe but Canepa pretty much escaped and is still racing after doing something similar and causing the guy to crash. Other series though.

Sigh, Fenati's got history I believe but Canepa pretty much escaped and is still racing after doing something similar and causing the guy to crash. Other series though.

Fenati’s thing didn’t actually cause the other rider to crash. Unlike some other “racing incidents”.

That was actually at a track day, and he was on trial in Florence for attempted manslaughter. Can't find what the judgement was, but obviously it didn't succeed as he's racing in the EWC.

• 2 weeks later...

Like his ex-boss, his ambition outweighed his talent.................

I don’t think anything that little pussie said should be taken seriously.