MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Risky move from Honda. 1 year contract. If things go wrong they could find themselves with neither in 2021.

I don’t see how this is a good idea. The business of motorsport is not a family gathering.

As much as I'm also sceptical about this decision they can't be worse off than having George hang around the back for another year I guess?

As brothers they seem to get on very well currently while they not racing against each other, but that may change when they both fighting for the same title. Alex still has a lot to learn about the bigger bike but who better to learn from than multiple champion big bro and the repsol team. I am not a MM fan but admire that he is probably the 2nd best rider of this generation(VR46 being the best of course) and I don't like AM because I support BB33 so for me I don't want to see them both dominating like MM did on his own. But at the end of the day, if the racing is good and fair then it will be a fun season to watch. 

Risky move from Honda. 1 year contract. If things go wrong they could find themselves with neither in 2021.

I don’t see how this is a good idea. The business of motorsport is not a family gathering.

I reckon we will soon hear of a new deal for MM till 2023 at least.

AM is not a bad signing, if MM is going to show anybody the tricks to making the bike bike work, it would be to his brother. He also has a vested interest. If Alex fails, he will have everyone saying Alex didn't deserve the ride and only got it because of big brother.

AM has almost zero pressure as everyone believes it was a gift and he doesn't deserve it.

The obvious statement is it will either go horribly wrong, ala George, or it will work great and Marc has a wingman for the next 2 years........

I see everyone is avoiding the elephant in the room.

Alex at Repsol looks like a done deal.

OOOOOOOH, and we saw Zarco's first backflip in MotoGP!!!!!!!!

Think another elephant is Zarco. Many tipped him to be the next big thing? Looking down the time sheets, there are in fact a few "next big things"

Think another elephant is Zarco. Many tipped him to be the next big thing? Looking down the time sheets, there are in fact a few "next big things"

I do think he was overhyped.

The tech3 bike is essentially the same bike Quartarraro has been riding and look at his performances.

IMO Zarco's little tirade will make his future very difficult. He will be seen as somebody who does not put the effort in. George, for all his issues, at least rocked up. Zarco just flopped about and then threw his toys out the cot and left the sandpit. That must have been a big deciding factor n his chances at the vacant Repsol seat.

I do think he was overhyped.

The tech3 bike is essentially the same bike Quartarraro has been riding and look at his performances.

IMO Zarco's little tirade will make his future very difficult. He will be seen as somebody who does not put the effort in. George, for all his issues, at least rocked up. Zarco just flopped about and then threw his toys out the cot and left the sandpit. That must have been a big deciding factor n his chances at the vacant Repsol seat.

Exactly, and now Cortado is the next big thing. In 2017 Zarco was supposed be the next big thing. Looking at his results now, I think he was overhyped.

What time does testing start today?

Officially started at 11am our time, but the pit lane tarmac was at a balmy 0.2C, and apparently the tires only start working once track temp hits 11C, so we're not going to see bikes for while still probably.