MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Win bonus clause is what would interest me......

Myself - I reckon they put him on an entry level salary but probably gave a massive win bonus structure not expecting him to do much this season....

I bet they are glad they signed him for next year too - they must have got him for a song

As someone who doesn't follow any form of Motorsports at all... This is the first I've heard about this dude a couple of days ago.. But I know that this is a massive achievement and I hope that it was extensively covered in all the major newspapers in SA

As someone who doesn't follow any form of Motorsports at all... This is the first I've heard about this dude a couple of days ago.. But I know that this is a massive achievement and I hope that it was extensively covered in all the major newspapers in SA

Do we even still have newspapers?

I am sure the average person on the street has no idea about him or what he did on Sunday. Even if you are a full time twitter tweeter whatever, if you don't follow anything motorsport, the headline may pop up but I highly doubt it will be clicked on. My timeline however is FULL of BB33 pics and messages. I also received numerous whatsapp messages on the last lap about it.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. This one is 4 stroke and no longer 2.............

Its is also amazing how the Twitter politicians have jumped on his success.

Edit: Its not amazing, its actually just to be expected. Lets not get stuck on them when the moment is his. Please ignore me.

Edited by Patchelicious

Do we even still have newspapers?

I am sure the average person on the street has no idea about him or what he did on Sunday. Even if you are a full time twitter tweeter whatever, if you don't follow anything motorsport, the headline may pop up but I highly doubt it will be clicked on. My timeline however is FULL of BB33 pics and messages. I also received numerous whatsapp messages on the last lap about it.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. This one is 4 stroke and no longer 2.............

It was in my feeds for sure. I have a few followers in my social media circles. I guess it's like GM for us downhill fans.... But..Moto GP is a lot more newsworthy than downhill

Honda certainly seeing now the disadvantage of building a bike only one person can ride - maybe all those times that Cal was sent off into the gravel weren't always his fault?

If all the other Honda riders were as dedicated as Cal is to crashing, I would agree.

Edited by Patchelicious

Myself - I reckon they put him on an entry level salary but probably gave a massive win bonus structure not expecting him to do much this season....

I bet they are glad they signed him for next year too - they must have got him for a song

That's how Casey made most of his money in 2007, PLUS incentive bonus for winning the championship!!!!!

Anybody that says they expected him to win this year is talking nonsense.

Nonsense.

I made a point of watching on Sunday because I fully expected to see him win.

But then again I know absolutely nothing about Moto-GP and had no idea how misguided I was......

It was incredible to watch, he had a good qualifying & like the commentators, I thought an improbable top 5 would be a good result.....

Then watching the race & watching him ride so confidently all the while catching passing those ahead of him was breathtaking! 

Leading with a couple of laps to go, my nerves were near shot! 

So chuffed for him & for us South Africans as well, truth told.

Not a bad 25th birthday pressie for the Bradster! 

Last race in Portuagal should be fun................

I am super duper excited

Wings might definitely be required on the big bikes!

Edited by bertusras

I am super duper excited

Wings might definitely be required on the big bikes!

Those undulations are going to really catch a few guys out.

Kind of hope the title fight, whoever is in it, will come down to that last round.

Level playing field, new track, no data. Will be epic!!!!!