Argus 2014

vaalkol

Those estimated race times seems very optimistic...

on a good year, weather been almost perfect only C, D and mybe E get sub 3, can check past results.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that because of the start group/times/sizes changes etc, Group B (for instance) is not the equivalent of group B last year…. or am i just wrong…

on a good year, weather been almost perfect only C, D and mybe E get sub 3, can check past results.

in 2011 a mate and i rode in M group, i did 3h8m and blew on suikerbossie, he managed to do 3h0m28s

Agree about Seeding been a stuff up!!!!!

Argus has given me VA seeding for last 4-5 years, (granted a bit high & not licenced) but every year they tell me my seeding is 100% correct!!!

94.7 last year got VB seeding.

Now in F????

So much for busting my balls from beginning Dec to have a fantastic 10th Argus…

Trevor, look at seeding.cycletour.co.za and you will see how your seeding was calculated

Just glancing at your last year's results on racetec it seems your seeding is spot-on...

Now I will leave thehub & get back to work before I get stoned for defending the seeding process :ph34r:

I suppose their could be some kind of logical mathematical explanation for the seeding process being so odd. It just doesnt make any sense..... I for one ain't happy.....

Seems they are sticking to their PPA seeding calculator system which is on the web site. Doing seeding by individual results and not based on 150-250 riders per batch etc.....

Small groups from A to E therefore a small gap between them????

Cluster f*&k in batch F onwards.......

Edited by TooTall?

I am a bit nervous now that I have seen the caliber of the other Hubbers in C group. With such small intervals it will surely turn out to be one big bunch (or screw up). I am always a bit edgy in these big adrenalin fuelled groups. Maybe I should have done my first one long ago.

1st argus, therefore PA seeding....is it really that bad? Wind, sun? whats realistic finish time?

All depends on you :-) But around 4:30 seems the average of that group.

Just to add: you could break 4 hours from there, but that will be pretty much your best bet. Faster than that just isn't possible - too many people, too many bottle necks etc.

So, go as hard as you can, but enjoy the vibe.

Edited by Dubber

All depends on you :-) But around 4:30 seems the average of that group.

Just to add: you could break 4 hours from there, but that will be pretty much your best bet. Faster than that just isn't possible - too many people, too many bottle necks etc.

So, go as hard as you can, but enjoy the vibe.

Did a 3h45 from PB a couple of years back... On a MTB... So very possible...

Edited by dee_biker

1st argus, therefore PA seeding....is it really that bad? Wind, sun? whats realistic finish time?

Your times in your previous races would suggest between 5:30 and 6 hours. It's almost the same distance as Tour de Stellenbosch on Sunday. Use your time there as a much better guide. The big problem with groups like PA is that there aren't any bunches to pull you.

Does it help to query your seeding? Has anyone's seeding actually been changed in the past? I dropped from D to J, because I didn't do any PPA races during the year and they have this arbitrary way of adjusting your seeding based on number of months over 6.