DHL EXPRESS, WTF?

YUMEYA

Maybe someone in the know can help me get my head around this one.

I have used DHL EXPRESS a few times this year and last when purchasing from Evans and CRC.

The last time was 24/05/2013, at the time disbursement rate was a flat rate of R100.00 .

Today I have to pay R150.00 disbursement fee, a R50.00 increase?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then on top of that 15.8% VAT.

If I can recall, the PO charged me R20.00 clearance and 15% vat.

Edited by YUMEYA

All in all the joy these components will bring me definitely out weighs the 15.6% VAT and R50.00 increase from DHL.

Definitely the last time I will be choosing DHL EXPRESS.

Agree, my last CRC order ended up with them and took weeks cause the ******* were on strike!!! Ended up having to fetch from Kempton Park. Of course there was no refund..dont be silly.

The rand is worth squat, labour is demanding more and more so prices are escalating everywhere, freight forwarding is just another.

I understand, 50% increase?

Maybe they can stop flying their banners over Durbanville, leave that to Teazers. I do not give a rats ass about some stormers cheer leaders. I would rather they spend time and energy on finding ways not to shaft their customers.

Edited by YUMEYA

DHL has gone to the dogs. The fees have gone up ridiculously, and the last two times they cocked up the pre-clearance and I ended up waiting a week while DHL sorted out their stuff-up with customs.

I understand, 50% increase?

Maybe they can stop flying their banners over Durbanville, leave that to Teazers. I do not give a rats ass about some stormers cheer leaders. I would rather they spend time and energy on finding ways not to shaft their customers.

I use forwarders regularly and 100 bucks disbursement or agency fee is unheard of, think 300 bucks in most cases, so I dont think you are too badly done by.

Last purchase from CRC, R1400, DHL fees R300, Tax and disbursement, R300 = bad taste...

problem was CWC don't hold some of the items and others was weeks on back order.

G

Last purchase from CRC, R1400, DHL fees R300, Tax and disbursement, R300 = bad taste...

problem was CWC don't hold some of the items and others was weeks on back order.

G

Next time drop me a mail on what you are looking for. Turnaround time is +/- 14 days if we do not stock it and not available in SA and I have to source from overseas.

I use forwarders regularly and 100 bucks disbursement or agency fee is unheard of, think 300 bucks in most cases, so I dont think you are too badly done by.

Cool.

For me with my once in a while CRC or Evans order the PO is the best option. R20 to R50 even is still a hell of a lot better than R150.

There was a change to how SARS does the customs evaluation that was recently initiated. I think they've used that a necessary and/or convenient moment to adjust their fees.

and what do you mean 15% and 15.8% VAT? Last i checked, VAT is officially still 14%, no matter where it's taken from.

Cool.

For me with my once in a while CRC or Evans order the PO is the best option. R20 to R50 even is still a hell of a lot better than R150.

Sure, for small orders the PO is definitely the best option cost wise, but you do give up a certain degree of efficiency and control over your package.

For example, if it goes missing try get the PO to go look for it in a hurry or at all, whereas I guarantee DHL will be able to track it immediately, there are also other advantages to private couriers like parcel security, delivery to your home, and certified proof of collection, delivery and in transit tracking, usually available immediately on line, its a choice you have to make, but those private services come at an increased cost.

I dont use DHL anymore, after they set an expectation as to when I will receive goods for which I paid priority only for it to arrive 3 days later. I now use the post office for everything from overseas. I have no expectation as to when its coming so no frustration, but on average it takes around 20days for normal post. I just received a gravity dropper and had to pay R90 for customs.