Value for money MTB sunglasses

S Ribic

Greetings folks,

I have been mountain biking for a few months now, and have come to a point where I am looking to purchase a pair of MTB sunglasses.

Can anyone please advise which pair of sunglasses is value for money? I do have a budget, so anything under R800 would be the preferable option.

Reason for the purchase; too much mud in the eyes, so eyes are really starting to hurt.

Thanks ! :thumbup:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ASG have auctions on rudy's every now and again that should fall within your budget...wait for one of those

Don't they have that MTN Qhubeka thing on the go at the moment? Not sure on pricing but that Yellow frame isn't to everyone's tastes either.

I use the Ocean Eyewear Chromatics and they are still under your price and if they scratch or break the bank is not broken with it ;)

The go dark/light fairly quickly and I must say they work a charm for me personally.

Maybe I'm a bit ogre-like, but I bought a pair of Ocean Eyeware glasses at the Argus expo this year for R250 and they're pretty awesome :thumbup:

Sweet, thanks will check it out.

Agree with the safety glasses... used them for a long time and chuck them if they're scratched.

Otherwise I have a pair of BBB which have interchangeable lenses and were around R300 and have lasted around 4 years- lot longer than I expected.

Here's another one... Popped into my mail box this morning from Rapide:

post-36974-0-23254600-1377237171_thumb.jpg

More roadie, but the black ones could pass off nicely:)

Not sure on the quality of the Photochromic, anyone got a review to share? They fall within your budget nicely :)

Otherwise listen to these guys... Wait for another ASG special and get a pair of Rudy 's

I had a pair of Bolle with inter changeable lenses which were very comfortable and well within your budget

I went with the safety glasses, used a dremel and removed some extra plastic on the sides for better ventilation, it works like a bom

Try Johnson Workwear - R20.00 each. Also have "type of Photochromatic" - R20.00 each.

Work very well, recommended. You would not know they are not designer glasses and are also safety glasses..