94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

Just another question or two from my side

How long before your start should you be there? I figured since I start at 9:33 I should park my car around 7:30 or 8?

And then my last ride for this week (Wednesday) planning on doing a 35km ride, should I go all guns blazing or just a nice high cadence spin?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another question or two from my side

How long before your start should you be there? I figured since I start at 9:33 I should park my car around 7:30 or 8?

And then my last ride for this week (Wednesday) planning on doing a 35km ride, should I go all guns blazing or just a nice high cadence spin?

If you are parked by 8 you will be ok but it does take some time to get into the parking.

missed the hubber K group starting from something country on sunday at The Cradle, but managed to do 148KM, training done, now time for some R&R :)

It was that "wall". Hope all ends well.

10/10 for the artistic crash - if you've crashed, you can relate to the "funnier" side of it.

Seriously though, it wasn't very nice to see - hope he is okay

, but managed to do 148KM, training done, now time for some R&R :)

and here I thought my 73km wasn't too bad.... :thumbup:

Anyone have some advice for directions on what roads to take to get to the paid parking as not sure which is best way with road closure (will be coming down from Lynnwood). Can't find info on their website and been couple years since last did the race.

Anyone have some advice for directions on what roads to take to get to the paid parking as not sure which is best way with road closure (will be coming down from Lynnwood). Can't find info on their website and been couple years since last did the race.

When and where can I buy prepaid parking??

I also bought mine during checkout process when signing up, tho now I hear some comments about the Polo field parking being not all that great to get to so looking for any advice.

Maybe they might have info included when you collection racepack/parking entry, just surprised can't find info on their site about where exact parking location is or what entry points there are.

at over R300 for an entry parking should at least be for free.

There is free parking....but my son starts at 5.30 and me only at 9 so I would like to get close prepaid parking so he can head back to the car and change etc etc,sleep.

Bugger will finish in the bunch

See file attached...hope it helps :thumbup:

Parking map 94.7.pdf

I also bought mine during checkout process when signing up, tho now I hear some comments about the Polo field parking being not all that great to get to so looking for any advice.

Maybe they might have info included when you collection racepack/parking entry, just surprised can't find info on their site about where exact parking location is or what entry points there are.

Posted a map for you (and others above)...found it on http://www.cyclechallenge.co.za/Home/cyclechallenge

or on the site go to "DOWNLOADS" and click on "VENUE MAP" ...you will find it there...good luck!!!

PS - POLO parking is not that bad...been using it for 2 years and fairly close to the start...it's better if you get there early!!!

from the 94.7 website faq if this helps...

Is there ample safe parking at or near the venue?

At the K60 (through Sunninghill or for vehicles using the Allandale Rd access, there is parking in the Waterfall Estate at no cost. While all effort is taken to secure cars with private security, parking remains at your own risk.

http://www.cyclechal...QCycleChallenge

Edited by shaper