Western Cape Rain and MTB

flymango

Wat nog gepraat om fiks te word! Net soos ek n goeie week inkry, reen dit di volgende week! Kayaking lyk na n goeie manier van oefen op die oomblik, orals waar water kan vloei is n riviertjie.......

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

........ soos 'n baba, as dit nie nat is nie het dit 'n wind!!!!!!!!!

This time, even I have to admit that you got it spot on! :blush:

Riding with a snorkel today, anyone? Even the 2 diehard commuters that I normally pass in the morning, have disappeared today.

Lourens river in flood!!

This will surely be a great test to see how the trails around S_west has held up (or not!).

spare a thought for all the FEW trail maintenance guys who will now have to go and fix all that for the REST of the crowd...

Thankless job!!

Lourens river in flood!!

This will surely be a great test to see how the trails around S_west has held up (or not!).

spare a thought for all the FEW trail maintenance guys who will now have to go and fix all that for the REST of the crowd...

Thankless job!!

..and here we thank you! :eek: :D

Edited by Pain or shine

'n Slegte dag in die Kaap is nog steeds 1000x beter as 'n goeie dag in Gauteng!! :whistling:

Miskien waar ja maar die feit dat die WP/ Stormers innie Kaapkolonie is befo....eter alles!!!!!!!!!!

Lourens river in flood!!

Thankless job!!

Was rather hectic last night. The river popped the banks in several places. Radloff was almost a pond, the house at the railway line got surrounded by water. It started to dam a little as it went under the railway bridge. The NHW was on full alert as things got a bit tight below Andries Pretorius where the river narrows. Had the 25ml of rain really fallen during the night it would have been horriblus maximus! The park below the N2 was totally flooded. I think it served its purpose as a flood plain to help contain the volume of water heading into the golf course and the sea.

Was rather hectic last night. The river popped the banks in several places. Radloff was almost a pond, the house at the railway line got surrounded by water. It started to dam a little as it went under the railway bridge. The NHW was on full alert as things got a bit tight below Andries Pretorius where the river narrows. Had the 25ml of rain really fallen during the night it would have been horriblus maximus! The park below the N2 was totally flooded. I think it served its purpose as a flood plain to help contain the volume of water heading into the golf course and the sea.

I measured 60mm over a 36hr period in my rain meter this morning at 5:50am this morning when it had stopped raining. When I left home at 6:20am it was pouring again so going to be interesting.

I've measured over 150mm in the last two weeks now! This is going to be a record rainfall August month as we only average 76mm .

Not extremely exciting, but Table Mountain drains well and would still do for a spin out on the bike.

Miskien waar ja maar die feit dat die WP/ Stormers innie Kaapkolonie is befo....eter alles!!!!!!!!!!

Ek sal daarmee kan saamleef. Hul rugby is darem nie so een dimensioneel nie, en hul Stadion lyk baie beter en het soveel meer karakter (en karakters). :devil:

Imagine my excitement to do the mtb race in Wellington on Saturday. If it was not a corporate entry it would have been a no show for me. Don't want to let the rest of the 4 man team down but also not keen to repeat my R1000 service I did last week

Cold front(s) sweeping across the country, some rain for PMB on Friday?

Looking like rough seas early next week on the East Coast, there goes my Scuba diving plans ....

I rode at Contermanskloof on sunday and it was muddy as muddy can be :cursing:

I've ridden all the TBMTB trails over the last week and contermanskloof has coped the worst (Kliprug the best). It's only the higher sections of the trails which are draining well but at the moment it takes a mountain bike to even ride on the tar roads with all the mud that's ended up on them :-(