Intermediate, Beginner and/or Sissy Pants riders please note..

Thug

It's nothing to do with the safety - all technical sections had b / c lines, and it was a DOWNHILL course. A World Championship DH course at that. It's got everything to do with people riding way outside their capabilities, thinking that because they can manual off a pavement, they can reliably smash a 12m tabletop without going outside their abilities.

she was one of the elite riders. Interviewed after a practice run.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, I also take it coming down from the top side! I've never seen anyone I know who can ride up that section... and the one guy who was a super hero and tried in front of us, came off rather worse for wear :)

haha... The trick is to go slightly left of the big rock and right of the tree...... Now you don't need to ride the cheat line! haha

The point of my post was simply..

If you don't have the skills to ride something don't change the trail to accommodate your own inabilities.

yes I agree with that we can't all just go building whatever we feel like all over the place and generally I stay away from the tracks that I know I can't do. I have never moved a rock thats for sure If I want to build trails and give input I should join in on a build day, which I will do one of these days.

Indeed. Which is why (in Tokai at least) we're trying to make everything as progressive as possible. No big-ass death jumps, but mostly tables and rollable drops that you can take at 3kph and not endo all the way onto your face at the bottom of the hill.

It's just disheartening when you've spent the whole weekend working on making a trail sustainable, progressive and interesting, yet challenging to ALL levels, and someone comes along and moves a rock that they think is in the wrong place.

Oops, sorry! Was that rock placed there on purpose? I thought it fell out of one of the Hub Experts pockets, and moved it as I thought it constitude an hazard to us everyday riders. :whistling: :devil:

one day I'm going to hide in the bushes and watch people going over "that" bridge....he he he

HAHA! Dude. I was coaching a mate of mine on that bridge. He was afraid of it and we decided that he needed to slay that troll for good.

Hit it first time, no problems, though a little jittery. Made it off in good form. Told him to do it again for good measure, to deliver the killing blow.

Attempts 2,3,4,5,6 & 7 stopped just before the bridge. No go.

Attempt 8 - gets halfway across, GREAT form, then deer in the headlights, for some unknown reason. Elbows clamped. Hands clamped even harder. On the front brakes. Just as he got to the edge of the bridge.

I swear, if I had been filming it he could have made it into the Russian diving team, it was that majestic. Into the river, head smashed on root, face first. 19 stitches and a few photo's later, and he's pissing himself at his stupidity.

He hasn't yet slain the troll. This was 4 years ago.

haha... The trick is to go slightly left of the big rock and right of the tree...... Now you don't need to ride the cheat line! haha

I have got up to the last double step up near the top and then both wheels hit a rock and that's that... there will be blood. And if you think I have the multitasking skills to contemplate going both left and right of obstacles at the same time... my skills don't extend that far!

HAHA! Dude. I was coaching a mate of mine on that bridge. He was afraid of it and we decided that he needed to slay that troll for good.

Hit it first time, no problems, though a little jittery. Made it off in good form. Told him to do it again for good measure, to deliver the killing blow.

Attempt 8 - gets halfway across, GREAT form, then deer in the headlights, for some unknown reason. Elbows clamped. Hands clamped even harder. On the front brakes. Just as he got to the edge of the bridge.

I swear, if I had been filming it he could have made it into the Russian diving team, it was that majestic. Into the river, head smashed on root, face first. 19 stitches and a few photo's later, and he's pissing himself at his stupidity.

Three weeks my friend broke both his arms coming down to the concrete bridge... both in plastar. Bum wiping impossible.

No one can talk me into trying to ride over there anymore I have almost lost count of how many times I have fallen off there. Every now and then I have a really good ride and decide "Right today is the day!!!!" then I get to the bridge and walk across it thinking its been a good ride today and I haven't hurt myself yet so why do it now at the end of a lovely ride....he he he funnly enough the track that I have fallen off on the most is fairy garden which is supposed to be so easy ..???

Three weeks my friend broke both his arms coming down to the concrete bridge... both in plastar. Bum wiping impossible.

where's the concrete bridge?

Look, I don't doubt that the sections were at times extremely technical (and I probably would have had to wear my big girl panties and crop top as well) but to change a purpose built track when you know fkall about trail building, and are there to ride the WORLD CHAMPS, instead of just manning up and taking the b / c lines?

Douchebaggery of note.

I couldn't agree more. Up until track walk I hadn't seen the top of the course. (I had watched the Youtube video but that didn't do it just AT ALL!) Started walking down and thought OMF! That was a proper course and I'm not ashamed to say that I rode a lot of B and C lines. Heck, I even crashed on one of the C lines!) Point is, I knew where the line was and the consequences for stepping over are huge.

Yeah, exactly. The guys that do that are the bitchers. They do all the bitching, but when it comes to build days, they never do the pitching

The braai grid warriors! All talk and no action. I would like to see which of the whiners actually put down the entrance fee.

I've conveniently blamed the rider :clap:

Edit: Pending an official investigation....

I believe he can be destructive. He broke my seatpost clamp in about 20sec. Haha.

where's the concrete bridge?

The little drop off after the troll bridge on the way down Fairie Garden. Beginner's panic!