Neils Wheels - Petition

Cyclosport

Can we as the cycling community not put and end to this mans unscrupulous manner of trading?

Not only is he tarnishing bicycle trade within the Cape area, but he is also supporting crime!

I have had enough.

Any comments or suggestions to exposing him?

He is the laughing stock of all traders.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened?

Known him for 4 years cos I live in the area.

Long story short, Buddy of mine needs some cash and so gives his 29er to value of R18Kin for a buy back after 3 months.

Neil gives a written invoice and the deal is R7500 to be paid after 3 months which ends today 31st August 2013.

my bud runs around today to get the money together and Neil sends him a sms to the note of "Thanks for the Giant 29er, I am now the owner as agreed"

Neil doesn't want to hear anything cos he is now the rightful owner of the bike.

Note, that this sms was sent 2 min before closing his shop and after my buddy was pleading with him to grant him an extension for an EFT to be done.

so it was like a pawn deal? he borrowed R7.5k and put his bicycle up as collateral? He didn't pay back the loan in time and so the guy kept the bike?

so it was like a pawn deal? he borrowed R7.5k and put his bicycle up as collateral? He didn't pay back the loan in time and so the guy kept the bike?

Pawn Deal or buy back, the principle remains the same. and if you want to get really technical the invoice doesn't have any terms or conditions listed.

But I guess that's how it goes.

its a business deal and not a gentleman's agreement.

sad thing thing is this friend of mine loves cycling, and its his way of escaping the hardships of daily living.

I agree with the above sentiments, but there is something to be said about the fine print in this deal.

If Neil wants to get technical, do so in reverse. If the deal was R7500 by 31 August 2013, then technically your mate has 5:15 hours to pay back the R7.5k.

Admittedly, your mate should have not left it down to the wire like this.

Is it just me but, do new posters 90% of the time come here to SLATE BIKE SHOPS/traders....

There should be a 100 post rule or something before you get to openly slate shops cause you feel hard done by.....

IMHO why wait till 99 and blame the shop, I am sure if your mate went to him asked for 1 or 2 more days before cut off time any shop would understand before but 12:00 before closing is not reasonable , but he agreed to the period now the new owner is MR BAD GUY.

HOW MANY HUBBERS HAVE HEARD " EFT HAS BEEN DONE AND A WEEK LATER NOTHING..???

For the record I don't know MR BAD GUY

Edited by dipslick

Hope the HubSA mob gets hold of this thread when they get back to their desks on Monday...

What a topic.

Hope the HubSA mob gets hold of this thread when they get back to their desks on Monday...

What a topic.

Its gonna be Epic!