CSA and its Politics.....

Jerry Lewis

people do try! they usually get booted out or suspended. hence the reason for this article.

CSA is run like the mafia

like i said - do it in your immediate geographic area - forget about CSA.

wrt the article. hmmm. i'll say no more.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we talking about Gerald Majola here or some oke from the overberg?

Irrespective of the issue I don't think this is the right place for this, plenty of other channels to use before the dirty laundry needs to come out.

I F$%^ing hate CSA and everything they do. A few months back I was following the consternation that USAC are facing in America, with race organizers refusing to let USAC sanction their events, and their pro riders showing USAC the finger when threatened to get banned for taking part in NON - USAC sanctioned events (because that's where they earn a lot of their income from) to the point where USAC are begging UCI to relax the law in this regard.

Road and MTB events in the states are fairly big with big prize money, and they are refusing to allow USAC dictate or charge them for sanctioning.

Here it's different, organisers and riders complain but then comply, I cannot wait for 1 race organizer to put on some big girl panties and adopt the same attitude to CSA as whats been done in the USA. Especially in MTBing, where the race is on private land.

We already have a government who lines their pockets with our taxes, now we have a sports body doing the same thing.

I think that CSA and all those who sponsor their tjommies to be on a team , are doing a great job.

I would like to compliment them on their commitment, ability and hard work to find the cream of the top cyclists in our country and giving them exposure abroad.

Furthermore I applaud their incredible ability to allocate funds properly and put all funding to extremely good use.

I think that CSA and all those who sponsor their tjommies to be on a team , are doing a great job.

I would like to compliment them on their commitment, ability and hard work to find the cream of the top cyclists in our country and giving them exposure abroad.

Furthermore I applaud their incredible ability to allocate funds properly and put all funding to extremely good use.

:D :D :D

I F$%^ing hate CSA and everything they do. A few months back I was following the consternation that USAC are facing in America, with race organizers refusing to let USAC sanction their events, and their pro riders showing USAC the finger when threatened to get banned for taking part in NON - USAC sanctioned events (because that's where they earn a lot of their income from) to the point where USAC are begging UCI to relax the law in this regard.

Road and MTB events in the states are fairly big with big prize money, and they are refusing to allow USAC dictate or charge them for sanctioning.

Here it's different, organisers and riders complain but then comply, I cannot wait for 1 race organizer to put on some big girl panties and adopt the same attitude to CSA as whats been done in the USA. Especially in MTBing, where the race is on private land.

We already have a government who lines their pockets with our taxes, now we have a sports body doing the same thing.

I am REAAALLLLY surprised you only just managed to squeeze in one f bomb. I am sure the rest were hammered out on your desk.

I am REAAALLLLY surprised you only just managed to squeeze in one f bomb. I am sure the rest were hammered out on your desk.

Haha you mods all know me by now, I'm getting bored looking at zero warning points on my profile

Edited by madmarc

so you didn't get elected!

Who is we ?

if you feel so bad about wasting CSA money you pay for the trip then!

if you really want to help the youth , get involved in your area - that is where the action takes place - don't worry about national bodies, they just a bunch of fat old men talking ****.

Maybe you should read the whole the story pal .........I have done more for some Youth in the little time that I have been back than some administrators have done in a lifetime...........Question anybody from Yorkshire Cycling Academy in Paarl......and yes I did pay for my own expenses and refused their food......unfortunately they wasted cyclists money on the rest.....

Are we talking about Gerald Majola here or some oke from the overberg?

Irrespective of the issue I don't think this is the right place for this, plenty of other channels to use before the dirty laundry needs to come out.

Please tell me about the other channels.....

cycling is a small 'game' and i know most of the people involved (or were) in the WP & surrounds. one thing that puzzled me over the years and still does, are people who volunteer their services as a committee member, promise the earth & then at the first sign of any disagreement aren't man enough to stand their ground and work out their differences and work from within. they would rather resign their post and then stir the pot from outside & that helps no-one.

try & make make a difference in your own immediate geographical areas. period. then CSA will come to you. if you really want the unpaid volunteer post at CSA then take it.

I dont want dont need any post in CSA paid or unpaid......I was urged by the people I currently assist to run for these positions......I hold down a full time well paid job pal and only do what I do to help nurture talent that would otherwise be lost to cycling and nobody would care........I am just trying to make people of aware of the inner workings of CSA which quite frankly shocked me...

so you didn't get elected!

Who is we ?

if you feel so bad about wasting CSA money you pay for the trip then!

if you really want to help the youth , get involved in your area - that is where the action takes place - don't worry about national bodies, they just a bunch of fat old men talking ****.

I was never going to be elected .....and never asked to go on any trip,i am well able to fund them myself......but in this instance I was asked to go and dont see why I should pay.......For the record there were over 10 delegates flown to PMB from all over SA for the entire weekend to attend EXCO and MANCO meetings and attend the World MTB Champs ....in this day and age of modern technology .......All this from an association who cant fund their athletes.......For the record I have been involved with local youth for some time.......read the article......I organised an entire trip overseas for them.There was an article on the Hub about it......https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/road/international-road/paarl-based-yorkshire-academy-riders-experience-international-racing-r843

Is it just coincidental that the CSA election get-together (including flights, car hire, daily allowance, accommodation costs etc.) happened in Pieter Maritzburg while the word championship was going on? :devil: Nice free outing for all!

Saving this money by doing the election with a tele-conference could have paid for some junior track cyclists to travel and compete. :cursing:

(The way they do things might be entirely legal, but this just reminded why I don't respect CSA much.)

Thats the reason I wrote this article so that people can see the light of day with CSA......I am not interested in their window dressing appointments and dont need a dime from them ...........The cycling youth of SA are suffering....There were over 10 delegates flown from all over SA and CSA top brass were courting both Pat McQuaid and Brian Cookson......How convenient...