Coffee shops: winners and losers

Canaris

after the cyclist not welcome here post. 

Which coffee shops are for cyclists and which are not.

for cyclists:

Mug and bean. (most)

Rietondale lodge.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

smiley20.gifWiesenhoff and Dulce in Worcester.  And all the coffee shops in Robertson's mainroad(have NO idea what their names are but we've had some good times there.)

I have to agree the pancackes at the circus are killer!!!!! smiley20.gif

I also almost always do the M&B thing, so they are cool to!

The Stables on Hans Strydom (near the intersection with Northumberland). Great cuppacino's and even better caramel banana pancakes. Best of all you can meet the family there if you have young kids and they can play on all the toys.

In Table View - Driftwood is king and some Saturdays they accommodate 40+ Outriders without blinking an eye.  Bottomless coffee, 2 eggs, bacon, tomato, toast, jam = R 25.00. Otherwise most Mugg and Beans are great especially the one at The Paddocks and HOC. well on this Sunday on doing a call from the bike about 15 mins away told us that 12 was "too big a group" for them too handle.

Tribecca at Brooklyn Circle and Java in Lynwood, close to Bruce's shop. Offcourse these coffee shops are in PTA.

Tour de Frans Boksburg. Coffee shop and bike shop.

Yankees Northmead, regulary stop there after a long ride for breakfast. Owner lets me take the bike with me into the shop. 

Not a coffe shop exactly. Senor Pizza in Heidelberg, we went there for a pizza after a ride stayed to watch the Lions beat the Bulls, over did the liquid carbo loading thing and had to be taken back to my mates house by the owners son.

I enjoy Jenny's Place at Wilro Gate SC. Or Mugg & Bean opposite Hillfox. Went to Tony's Spaghetti Grill after a ride once but it was a ripp-off. For dinner they are okay.

• 11 years later...

We are all losers, as Café Trieste (Greenside) has closed its doors. Used to love hanging there with the paddlers, mtbikers, roadies, fellow runners.

Anyone know why, or if the premises will be taken over by another coffee shop enterprise?

R.

Nomad Restaurant on Bottelary Rd.

R25 for a small breakfast (bacon, scrambled eggs, grilled tomato and toast) and a coffee.

For those who don't want bacon, it can be replaced with mushrooms.

Tiger's Milk Stellenbosch

R29 breakfast special (bacon, one egg and a cooked tomato) with a cappuccino.