SAd but the Hub is not safe anymore!

Ride4Life

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to add, meet in a place where there is camera's. make sure they work beforehand, Just in case you need his face for record purposes.

G

your local garage forecourt works well for this - and it helps if you know the guys and you can give them a heads up.

Just shows how ignorant I am. I recently sold a road bike to someone who had just registered on the hub in order to respond to my ad. Being the trusting soul that I am I gave her my contact details and physical address.

Fortunately she arrived, did a bank transfer (same banks so the money went in immediately) and left without incident.

I'll re-think things in the future.

i think sometimes if you think you're dealing with a female you let your guard down - but remember - accomplices.

the dodgies will always find a way - this is not a problem specific to the hub. if you do a search on google a lot of times the hub classified advert popups - and if the advertiser has opted to publish their contact details, there's nothing stopping the people from contacting them - and a "I saw your advert on the hub" doesn't mean they're a hubber,

Never be so desperate for a sale that you divulge your home address, and don't go alone to meet anyone, whether you're buying or selling. If Matt comes up with a plan to stop this kinda of theft, he's gonna be rich selling the idea on.

any advert i have ever placed, I don't divulge any of that stuff and rather let them pm me.....

Nope, Red Scott :)

:thumbup: My neighbor / riding partner would have been one of those types, I reffered him to a deal when he was looking for a bike for his missus.

bwahaha,, "not derail this thread", Matt, you really do deserve a beer for trying..

Bad luck, I have done many many deals here in Hubville. All have been pleasant with no issues.

Agree, all my deals were very pleasant!!

Bad news

Touch wood all our deals have been very pleasant and not a moments angst

Even dealing hubbers I have never met before has been good

I will not let this kind of unfortunate incident prevent me from carrying on as before in the classifieds

Guys Please be careful! The Hub is not safe anymore!!!!! I posted my bike for sale and was contacted by an Nick Edwards (that is if its his real name)

I agreed to meet up so he can look at it. To my suprise he pulled a gun on me and took my pride and joy! This all happened very fast and all I could think of is dont shoot me!

I am lucky that I got of lightly unharmed from this but now Im minus my bike. Not to mention how am I gonna explain this to my insurance. Please guys be extra careful out there! If the Hub adminastrator can maybe contact me to try and get hold of this guys details it would help.

Jeez man that's hectic! Glad you are unharmed! Good luck with finding this douchebag, and with your insurance!