STOLEN BIKE CT... please keep a look out!!

babse

We have an informal settlement just up the road from us in Pretoria - heard yesterday at our Community Forum that the residents of the settlement caught a guy stealing and cut off both his hands. I know it's wrong, but I cant help but feel good......

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hectic...glad you ok ...Hanover Park is close by...maybe we go visit a few "smokkies"..maybe it was sold cheaply for tik :ph34r:

Yes, and having grown up in the area, i cant say i never expected it, again this was pure opportunists. Tikkoppe!!

Going to difficult to resell that bike, somebody will notice it, even if it's stripped. Good luck man. Reckon I know how you feel if you've built up a bike as opposed just buying one off a shop floor.

That's why I'm so sad, put alot of effort into the bike. But I'm ok most importantly!!

Guest DieBees

Anyone know the easiest way to get an email to Cash Converters and Crusaders. The bike was insured, but it meant more to me. Would just like my bike back

Send an email to their head office?

I think the thieves lay low before they try to sell it...

That's why I'm so sad, put alot of effort into the bike. But I'm ok most importantly!!

Glad to hear you're ok. Absolutely hate it when our response to these things is 'at least I'm/everyone is ok, and its insured so its fine'.... makes me feel like we are being grateful to the bastards for not hurting us, that they only took my pride and joy, made me paranoid about me and my family, showed no regard for people in general and so on (insert any other feeling you've had after a similar incident here).

Sorry to hear man, glad you are unhurt though!

What is the mods operandi of these kind of thefts?

Do they jump out from their hiding place in a location that suits that action and then push you off your bike whilst you are still at speed?

Do they brandish weapons and/or also try rob you of your personal belongings like cell, wallet etc?

Sorry to hear man, glad you are unhurt though!

What is the mods operandi of these kind of thefts?

Do they jump out from their hiding place in a location that suits that action and then push you off your bike whilst you are still at speed?

Do they brandish weapons and/or also try rob you of your personal belongings like cell, wallet etc?

No they were walking along the road, i thought nothing there of, this happened literarily less than a km from where i live. I saw their attention/intention turn to me, tried to turn around, wasn't going at speed just stopped at red robots, damn! In my getaway attempt was knocked off the bike, one on the bike i chased after on cleats, its almost impossible! The other ran off! Again i don't think it was planned/timed! I don't know, seemed like opportunists

No they were walking along the road, i thought nothing there of, this happened literarily less than a km from where i live. I saw their attention/intention turn to me, tried to turn around, wasn't going at speed just stopped at red robots, damn! In my getaway attempt was knocked off the bike, one on the bike i chased after on cleats, its almost impossible! The other ran off! Again i don't think it was planned/timed! I don't know, seemed like opportunists

B@stards.!

The initial impression I got from the post was that you were knocked down by a vehicle, and then some opportunist walked off with your bike.

I didn't realise that it was a bike jacking.

I guess safety in numbers, but ja, I cycle alone mostly too. :(

You sure it wasn't Babse that ordered a "hit" on you, seeing that he needs a frame / parts to replace his run over bike? :devil: :whistling:

Sorry to hear Meezo

I know the area, so will throw word out to some "guys" who owe me a favour and who frequent the smokkies in Hanover Park.

Also try looking in the informal settlement next to Gatti's Ice Cream.

Sorry to hear man. Would've thought they would stay away from the noname chinese stuff! :whistling:

Hope it gets retrieved. If not I guess it's time to build up another!

Really k@k news this!! But glad you Ok man.

These thugs know what our bikes cost and incidents like this is happening more often.

Edited by DMC007

Jeez, been off the hub for a while and now I see this and babse's bike written off :thumbdown:

Sorry to hear brother, will keep an eye out, I'm frequently in that area