No Sportsman of the Year nomination for Impey or Minnaar.

Squier

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems the nomination had to be accompanied by a bit more than just putting a name forward...

Maybe they should have nominated Chris Froome. :whistling: But would he win :huh:

I might as well have read a list of names from another country. Don't know 90%+ of them. The fact that CSA is there just tells me these awards can't be taken seriously

I just read a tweet by Bardie that both of Greg's wins fell outside the nomination period.

Edit: But, then why did the CSA oke say he nominated them both?

Edited by Tumbleweed

I just read a tweet by Bardie that both of Greg's wins fell outside the nomination period.

Edit: But, then why did the CSA oke say he nominated them both?

To cover his behind no doubt

Yeah....but what do these awards actually mean? Daryl and Greg are highly rated amongst their peers and get more than enough reward from their sponsors and recognition in the cycling community WORLDWIDE. What would these nominees or whatever get besides a over priced and paid for trophy and a voucher for a tank of petrol?

RudoJ, I get what you are saying. However I believe any athlete worth their salt would welcome the acknowledgement and recognition from their own country and people. From hosting an amazing World Champs in Maritzburg whether you were there or glued to the TV, this is piss poor that Greg and Daryl receive squat.

RudoJ, I get what you are saying. However I believe any athlete worth their salt would welcome the acknowledgement and recognition from their own country and people. From hosting an amazing World Champs in Maritzburg whether you were there or glued to the TV, this is piss poor that Greg and Daryl receive squat.

They obviously think the tdf is france's answer to the 94.7....clueless

IS this really the real deal SA Sports Star of the year awards or some lunatic fringe wannabe society?

post-182-0-69642000-1381922358_thumb.png

IS this really the real deal SA Sports Star of the year awards or some lunatic fringe wannabe society?

post-182-0-69642000-1381922358_thumb.png

bwahhahahaha no you must be kidding surely

Greg and Daryl gets squat, CSA gets the nomination....ok ok where is leon schuster

agter die pale saam met die ander bulle...sorry oom ek kon myself nie help nie :clap:

Ek het 'n korrel op die bull bar vasgemaak en jy gaan erens voor my oor die straat stap!!!!!!!!

What is the window for this, did it include the 2012 olympics then if GM WC win at martizburg was too late?

If CSA made the podium then the rest must have been really k@k.

I’m really battling to think of some good individual performances from this year, slim pickings in general. I’m not sure if DI really did enough to be sportsman of the year, sure he wore the yellow jersey at some stage of the tour but that was a combination of luck/performance/generosity. Would be nice for GM to get the recognition he deserves for a stellar career.

After failing to make the world cup and AFCON, and losing to teams like Ethiopa, Bots etc, with a world ranking in the 80’s I don’t think we have much to jump up about for our soccer bafanas.

For being the top batsman in the world rankings, in both Test and ODI rankings – in a sport that has serious world competition, Hashim Amla would be the most deserving choice.