2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

If that is the spare bike and the broken one is his bike then who's is this bike? Is this the bike that Nico Roche was going to pass on?

post-15825-0-28061700-1405415898_thumb.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ag they aren praying no one notices the number on the broken bike..

The spare bike wouldn't have had a number on.

how good is your nederlands?

Now you're testing me. I'm just struggling with trying to learn understand Afrikaans...

Ag they aren praying no one notices the number on the broken bike..

The spare bike wouldn't have had a number on.

'However, according to Mondini, Contador’s personal mechanic Munoz – who is known as a perfectionist – ensures that his rider’s number is on both the usual race bike and also his spare.'

Short translation. : They confirm the bikes did get entangled on the roofracks.

According to google translate:Alberto Contador was Monday after his crash in the tenth stage of the Tour de France does not go on his spare bike because it ran aground on the squad car Belkin. The car of Saxo-Tinkoff drove in a run down to the Spaniard, but his spare bike caught on the bikes Belkin causing the car swung and landed on the windshield. "It was irresponsible and very dangerous., We were really shocked," said team manager Merijn Zeeman, who was driving the car, at NU.nl. "Things like that happen here huh. They lose because the tour, so the stress is understandable." The incident is the spare bike Belkin rider Sep Vanmarcke too much. Contador went on the bike eventually teammate Nicholas Roche and had to get off a little later. Contador keeps fractured tibia about to fall | Nibali's teammate Scarponi grateful after double blow

'However, according to Mondini, Contador’s personal mechanic Munoz – who is known as a perfectionist – ensures that his rider’s number is on both the usual race bike and also his spare.'

Aaah I see

I think that is not as accurate as it needs to be.

The picture spoke101 put on the top of the previous page of this thread shows his spez bike with no number on it ? Unless it is there and we cannot see it ? :whistling:

Why the big fuss about the bike? The guy crashed out (unfortunately). Who cares if the bike snapped or not. It is a normal frame from a production line. **** happens

Why the big fuss about the bike? The guy crashed out (unfortunately). Who cares if the bike snapped or not. It is a normal frame from a production line. **** happens

The fuss is because of an important question: Was the crash caused by the frame failing?

Totally agree with you JF.

But sadly, the tour is over. Happy for Nibali but it's going to be a battle for podiums as yellow has been decided!

cause we all need something to talk about on rest days ... these flippen amateurs

The fuss is because of an important question: Was the crash caused by the frame failing?

That we will never know.

I will almost take a bet that the down tube snapped first and the top stays ripped out.

There are numerous Specialized bikes in the Tour still in tact, more bikes have survived than riders thus far.

Either way, sad to see Contador go, and it just shows how human nature is or how fickle we are, it's been a short space of time and Froome is already a distant memory, not long and we will feel the same about Contador.

We might as well have fun with whoever is left.

I just wish that Voeckler had the legs (which sadly will never happen)

I would love to see that little tongue wagging Frenchman at the top step of the podium, it's a pipe dream.

I want Pinot to come good after being the donkey in my team last year and deciding that despite being a climber he couldn't actually go down hill (must have caught it from Twiggy). What would make it even better is that he makes a good run at the steps and gets up there in the year I forgot to enter the tipping comp. Perfect.

so tomorrow's stage starts from a good mate of mine's hometown....I just sent him a message to ask what his plans are tomorrow and the bugger is on holiday on Croatia...how's that for bad timing!