Swim goggles that fog up

Henley 1

I bought a pair of Zoggs recently. They fit very well but fog up when I am swimming. Spitting in it does not work, neither does the official “bottled saliva”. I tried a trick that we used to perform on new diving masks: rubbing tooth paste on the inner surface with your finger. No difference. Washed it with liquid soap ….

Wrote to Zogg but no reply. What now?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaseline? C-thru?

Give a proper hoik before you spit in them. Usually does the job.

+1 yeah the good ol' spit works - don't know why but it does. And it's cheap.

Guest Latent Blue

Spit wont work, you need to go fetch it waaay back.

The green stuff, they work.

mmm... those that when you grap them out you feel its back tail slither out of your nares and it give this stale taste that makes you think "this must be all the desolved molecules from 5 years of smelling my own farts" ?

It's called a gop!

Edited by Latent Blue

I bought a pair of Zoggs recently. They fit very well but fog up when I am swimming. Spitting in it does not work, neither does the official “bottled saliva”. I tried a trick that we used to perform on new diving masks: rubbing tooth paste on the inner surface with your finger. No difference. Washed it with liquid soap ….

Wrote to Zogg but no reply. What now?

are u swimming indoors? There are no goggles + coating in the world that will save you from the fogging up due to the humidity of an indoor pool.

are u swimming indoors? There are no goggles + coating in the world that will save you from the fogging up due to the humidity of an indoor pool.

Shaving gel will help a little.

Vaseline? C-thru?

Give a proper hoik before you spit in them. Usually does the job.

Spit wont work, you need to go fetch it waaay back.

The green stuff, they work.

Yep...

Edited by droo

On a similar note, I can't stop my goggles leaking. Any suggestions? I already switched to a face mask type goggle. Also leaks. Very annoying. I can't get through a swim set lately. I've tried vaseline, not working.

Keep the insides of the googles dry, and put them on before your face gets wet. Its only when there is moisture can they fog up.

You can also try Johnsons baby shampoo (the yellow no tears one). Can be mixed in a 1:4 ratio with water and wiped on the insides of the goggles. Works well.

Edited by Azi

I dont believe any one make of googles has better anti fog qualities, in my experience as the lenses get older they tend to fog up easier. Not sure why your new Zoggs are fogging up but maybe the humidity is involved, what happens if you swim outdoors?

Normaly I find that putting my goggles on dry (no water, no spit, nothing...) and making sure the strap is tight and eye pieces are well sealed (push the eye pieces onto your face) works best.

Yip what the swiss one said. Put them on dry, also dont take them off during the set, otherwise water gets inside and can steam up.

On a similar note, I can't stop my goggles leaking. Any suggestions? I already switched to a face mask type goggle. Also leaks. Very annoying. I can't get through a swim set lately. I've tried vaseline, not working.

The different makes and models of goggles have slightly different shapes. You have to go to a shop and try them on until you find one that sticks to your face without the strap. Then you know that it's the right one that won't leak.