Dreamy Long Travel / AM Hardtails

Hairy

Love that saddle where did u get it?  Also the pedals same colour im looking for.

Not mine .. images of the world wide web

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In due course not going to spoil the unvailing with sneak peaks!!

You'll need to do one of those shots where the build is all laid out. Bonus points for height and arrangement. 

Screen%20Shot%202019-01-30%20at%2011.54.

Ok after a few hiccups in trying to source some weird parts that nobody seems to have i have finally managed to get the build done.

Behold the HAMMERHEAD 2.0.  hammerhead 1.0 was built a few years ago that was a light carbon HT.  The 2.0 is a agressive HT.  The actual HH  image was sandblasted on the frame thanks to Jarred at BMC.

A bit of background.  I have basically upgraded my DS bike with new parts so i have transferred the wheels, handlebar , and other bits to this project.

The frame is/was a ?????  (take a guess) that i have stripped to get the raw aluminium look.  This has a number of advantages besides looking cool.  Mainly the fact It cannot get scratched ,  marked or scuffed as i just need to buff it out.  So this is a true war machine.

Fork : Fox 34 Rythm 140mm travel  

Wheels: Bontranger 30mm internal elite 30

Dropper: Lyne 150mm

Handlebar carbon bontranger with 35mm stem

SLX  brakes, shifter and derailer

Tyres 2.6 recon Front and Bontranger XR2 2.6 rear

All in including pedals and lots of sealant  for the fat rubber she came in at 12.8 kg

Took it out this morning for her virgin ride.  Rode very rocky and technical stuff on signal hill and table mountain.  She was fun, fast and a lot more capable than i ever thought a HT could be. 

post-9483-0-27266300-1599564587_thumb.jpg

post-9483-0-00882100-1599564598_thumb.jpg

post-9483-0-77058300-1599564642_thumb.jpg

post-9483-0-36531300-1599564888_thumb.jpg

Slade Trail?

Looks EPIC!

I'm in the process of buying a Slade after trying it over the weekend - what a blast.

Also want to get the paint stripped off and customise as it's  been used quite hard and needs a refresh.

But first I'll thrash it some more haha