94.7 number collection

steve61

Same here , we waited @ HOURS to get numbers because somebody collected two boxes full of numbers and he had to sign for every single one ! That parking is just a bloody joke , I parked at the shopping centre for free . This is my last 94.7 for sure . I haven't got time to waste like this .

Take a tablet and cheer up man.......

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree with Ferret. Here's why:

Not all of us live in the West Rand and are familiar with Northgate. One only sees the R20 parking option, and being in a rush to get back to work 30 mins away, you just park where directed.

Asking consumers to change their behaviour is not customer centric. Why not have an express queue where you swipe your chip and a high speed printer prints your race number on the spot. Quick in and out, no goodie bag for those that don't want it, and no need to the long signing process. If you've scanned, you've collected.

I collected 1 number and from arriving at the counter (after the 1hr queue) to leaving was about 4.5 minutes. This is way too long.

Simply put, their process is inefficient and not customer centric.

At least they didn't make you walk all the way through the expo!

Any idea why they moved from Sandton? I mean that was perfect, nice and central, right on the Gautrain route. No problems. I tell you, if we didn't have one person collecting our teams' numbers, and I had to do it myself, I wouldn't ride this.

There was a double booking on the venue as far as I know. Interestingly enough it is the World Association of Anti Doping in Sport that is on there, but I dont know which venue it is in. Someone had to lose out, and it generally comes down to a cost thing as the venue would take the highest bidder in terms of paying for set up days etc

Only a pee-brain would allow people to get bulk entries in the normal seeding lines !! Plain stupid . I cannot accept stupidity as easily as you do , so knock yourself out .

I would hate to be married to you. Some flexibility in life and the ability to be less highly strung goes a long way

Does anyone know if the exhibitors have to pay to exhibit at the Dome expo on collection days? Surely they could charge a small fee for this and in so doing not have to recover so much from the "add-ons"? Just saying.

Edited by clivem

Does anyone know if the exhibitors have to pay to exhibit at the Dome expo on collection days?

They pay, and pay plenty.

just came back from the Dome. i also paid R20, which i shouldnt have if i knew that i could park at Nothgate for free <_< . but the waiting time for collection of race pack is totally unacceptable. i think they can learn a thing or two from the Comrades and Two Oceans guys. just saying!

Edited by Mokgaga

I was there around 10, didn't have any issues, took about 30 minutes to get to the front of my queue.

Last year it took me 25 minutes just to find parking at Sandton City, then at least another 10 to walk to the expo.

The Dome is a much better venue than Sandton in my opinion.

Does anyone know if the exhibitors have to pay to exhibit at the Dome expo on collection days? Surely they could charge a small fee for this and in so doing not have to recover so much from the "add-ons"? Just saying.

Do Bears poep in the forest ? :whistling:

just came back from the Dome. i also paid R20, which i shouldnt have if i knew that i could park at Nothgate for free <_< . but the waiting time for collection of race pack is totally unacceptable. i think they can learn a thing or two from the Comrades and Two Oceans guys. just saying!

Not sure about that, I waited over 2hrs for my Comrades 2013 number on the friday afternoon at the expo this year.

If you have an event that over 19000+ people are collecting numbers over a 3 day period there are going to be Queues.

And thats why these events have over 20 000 participants... Because they are GREAT races with very Affordable entry fees.

Edited by Ferret69

In this kind of Commercial event you pay for everything. A rider has to pay R200 for a Re-seed, to be put into a group where he most probably should have been in the first place.

What chance you think someone who wants to be on the Expo has of showcasing their products to about 30 000 or more people who go through there all weekend ? The Exhibitors pay big money to be at the Expo, which is also why we are all forced, like it or not to go through the Expo to get out. There is not really any other way out, without fighting a security guard or two if you try to slip out without going past the Expo.

Edited by Joffter