94.7 number collection

steve61

have the race start and finish at a proper venue like Nasrec or something, and have the "expo" on race day.

WTF is Nasrec.....halfway to Bloem

We did the Star 100 starting and finishing there back in the dark ages and its the middle of nowhere

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. Why not? Then you have not only all the cyclists, but families, kids, a whole lot more people to sell stuff to? Keep the venue, that's immaterial, but it seems like people aren't even glancing at the expo when they collect their numbers anyway. Give me a permanent number, and I'd browse at some stalls after the race. Why not? I'm there anyway.

I love the way a newbie thinks.

The expo, where do I even begin, it's a flea market, people go there for bargains, if the expo was as it was in the beginning, different story.

I love the way a newbie thinks.

The expo, where do I even begin, it's a flea market, people go there for bargains, if the expo was as it was in the beginning, different story.

Sorry. Was just a thought.

One word. Gautrain.

Not everyone has a gautrain station close by... In fact, for some of us we have to get to sandton in order to use the damned thing

I personally want the race to start on witkoppen now, this woodmead / kyalami crap doesnt suite me at all.

Nah, we need it to start in Bedfordview - it would go down a bomb in Bedfordview

It seems that almost everybody that had their say in this particular thread are actually living in Gauteng. We are from the more rural areas as you would call it. So for races, not just the 94.7, think Ride 4 Sight, Berge en Dale etc, we have to travel or arrange to pick up our numbers. In most cases that would result in that someone in the cycling gang has to take the day off and do the round trip of about 300km. Luckily we can fetch our numbers at registration on race day at most races which I am most grateful for.

Expo is a fleamarket indeed, and nothing wrong with that IMO.

Fantastic deal on the Suunto Ambit 2 - R1,500 off the normal price.

Nah, we need it to start in Bedfordview - it would go down a bomb in Bedfordview

whahahahaha i see what you did there :w00t: :clap:

No! It must start down Homestead and finish on Bram Fischer. Mostly downhill for me to get home afterwards then.

Hmmm..

Ok, so far we have established the following:

• the queues are an issue
  • the location of the expo is an issue
  • the cost of the parking is an issue
  • the cost of the race is an issue
  • the goody bag is an issue
  • the parking at the race venue is an issue
  • the seeding is an issue
  • etc etc

So, based on the above, why the hell did you enter?

Surely if its that much of a problem, you wouldnt bother putting yourself through all that aggrevation?

Or the race itself is worth it, in which case, pardon my language, but then shut the hell up about the issues and look passed them.

Hmmm..

Ok, so far we have established the following:

• the queues are an issue
  • the location of the expo is an issue
  • the cost of the parking is an issue
  • the cost of the race is an issue
  • the goody bag is an issue
  • the parking at the race venue is an issue
  • the seeding is an issue
  • etc etc

So, based on the above, why the hell did you enter?

Surely if its that much of a problem, you wouldnt bother putting yourself through all that aggrevation?

Or the race itself is worth it, in which case, pardon my language, but then shut the hell up about the issues and look passed them.

because people love complaining and moaning about nothing :whistling: