Booze and cycling

Guest Travis.

Guest Travis.

And my balance is slightly off. Next 94.7, I'm gonna try a unicycle. Might help.

And more wine and less room?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A tip for those who like red wine.. (unsubstantiated tho')..

Drink organic wine IE No sulphur. It's apparently the sulphates that make you feel bad the next day.

Woolworths sell a range of organic red wine that's also pretty cheap.. happy sluiping!

This past Sat night, I drank 8 beers, 4 jagermeisters, 4 Tequilas, and 8 Double Vodka and cokes. Drank two litres of water before bed and went for a 75km road ride out to Hout Bay and back, felt right as rain. :thumbup: I also ate loads that night though, The Diaz Tavern sure makes a great steak. It's all down to conditioning, my body is a temple :devil:

This past Sat night, I drank 8 beers, 4 jagermeisters, 4 Tequilas, and 8 Double Vodka and cokes. Drank two litres of water before bed and went for a 75km road ride out to Hout Bay and back, felt right as rain. :thumbup: I also ate loads that night though, The Diaz Tavern sure makes a great steak. It's all down to conditioning, my body is a temple :devil:

After the 6 th beer, how did you manage to keep count of what came next? Do you take a scorer along? My Maths would be nonexistent by then

A tip for those who like red wine.. (unsubstantiated tho')..

Drink organic wine IE No sulphur. It's apparently the sulphates that make you feel bad the next day.

Woolworths sell a range of organic red wine that's also pretty cheap.. happy sluiping!

and pretty K.. ;)

Enough water in between and before you go to bed and you will be fine :)

After the 6 th beer, how did you manage to keep count of what came next? Do you take a scorer along? My Maths would be nonexistent by then

Beer clicker

post-23299-0-12302400-1385385750_thumb.png

Edited by JGR

Not sure, I just now, I keep tabs of rounds and drinks for some reason, always have. Felt a little hungover, nothing an early morning swim in sea didn't sort out, then sweated all the rest out during the ride.

I reckon I had more double vodkas though, free VIP bar at the Fun Loving Criminals night :thumbup:

Edited by Caerus

oom !!!!!!TEVEZ is asking you and ROUXTJIE,SEAN,KARMA, A QUESTION

whahaha dips....

have suiped hard the night before, if you go to bed and the room / tent is spinning....go for a safety vom. If you too dronk, wait for the morning and ride like the clappers, you WILL vom after 5km guaranteed, but you will be strong after that.

If you just slightly mellow....drink a painpilletjie before bed, drink some water and you will be great stuff in the AM. Cream soda and a boerewors roll will help alot.

Edited by rouxtjie

That would have killed me...

The best hangover cure I know is a ride up to the top of Cobra in Tokai. My riding buddies hate me though, cos I'm sweating out tequila by the pint and they're riding in the fumes but they still can't catch me.

Lack of sleep hurts me more on a ride than a babalas, unless it's a proper world record attempt.

I once did a race once at 13:00 in the afternoon. The previous night we went for a lekker party, I COULD NOT do 15km on my bike. VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT!!! :thumbdown:

Jis, maar ek het sleg gevoel!

I just take my wife with, she tells me exactly how much I have had to drink every half hour

And now for the best advice anyone will ever give you. Those that use this preventative medication already will vouch for me.

2 Panado's (or any paracetamol) with lots of water before you hit the pillow. You may be left with a hangUNDER but definitely no hangOVER.