Two Cyclists Taken Out in Sea Point

Greybeard

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cycle Factory is in on the deal. Need to iron out the logistics and finer details, but for now have said they will assist with full discount at least.

Thanks

Paul Kaye Amazing, not even two hours later, and Swift phone and offer Kelly a new helmet and sunglasses. Thank you

Well done to them

Kelly and Paul are some of the nicest people out - glad they got hooked up and speedy recovery to the cyclist. They must be from My training day as I know Paul/kelly is involved with them. They also both run Focus.on.the.finish.line

This is why when riding down sea point with all the cars I am almost in the middle of the road. At that time of the morning there are not a ton of cars on the road and the ones that are just use the second lane.

Glad the helpful lady got her helmet and glasses! What a cheeky sod would take someones stuff like that!

Speedy recovery to the injured cyclists. It is amazing that some motorists will not take a few seconds to ensure that it is safe to open their doors when parking. Has happened to me a few years back on Koeberg Road, Milnerton. Well done to Swift for their generosity and Cycle Factory for wanting to contribute.

It is also amazing to have people like Paul and Kelly around.

Teaching my 7yo to ride her bike in traffic, and the one rule that I drum into her head, watch out for car doors opening, people just don't see cyclists!!

Big up to the lady helper and to Swift, Paul's a Hubber, I think!

Condolences to the injured.

I am glad that the Lady was helped out, kudo's to those who helped.

It is a sad reflection on South African society when a/hls take advantage of a situation like this.

Motor car drivers do this all the time.

Teaching my 7yo to ride her bike in traffic, and the one rule that I drum into her head, watch out for car doors opening, people just don't see cyclists!!

Big up to the lady helper and to Swift, Paul's a Hubber, I think!

while i know it only has to happen once to be a bit of a trainsmash, I've found that most motorists are pretty sensible in this regard. But the situational awareness goes both ways: motorists are supposed to check blindspots before opening doors because any road user could be rattling along for a close shave. Cyclists need to equally reasonable and do what they can to ensure their own safety with good situational awareness, but without being a poor citizen of the road about it. Slower speed in built up areas with lots of cars gives coupled with anticipation buys a lot of time to react. Not every section of tar needs to be a race.

That said, I do look forward to the day more cycle lanes are implemented for that additional piece of mind.