Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least they got to start, some guys paid the 50k then got hit by taxis while training the week before:(

Yeah but generally in such circumstances the organisers will make a plan to get them an entry for the next year if they pay in the difference. Once you start and you don't finish the money is gone......pooof

I wish other MTB manufacturers would send their teams out to ride this race. Having Sauser dominate it every year against half teams just seems a little hollow. Dare I say it but 11years on and road racing is still more exciting. Why can't they cover the event with live TV?

This year is the most open it has been imo....hardly anyone dominating, and we are only at the first stage.

Uber is human afterall

Edited by rouxtjie

This year is the most open it has been imo....hardly anyone dominating, and we are only at the first stage.

Uber is human afterall

Saving himself :ph34r:

Road racing and MTB are so different that moving from one to the other requires a long period of adaptation.

It took Miguel Martinez 2 years to adapt to road cycling and he never achieved the same success as he did on a MTB.

Thus far Cadel Evens is the most successfull cyclist across both disciplines having won the World Cups (XC) in 1998 and 1999 (3rd in 1997) and also having won the TDF. (although that came 12 years after his MTB success)

Success in one discipline does not guarantee success in the other

Edited by GoLefty!!