just "upgraded" to scott spark 910 (2014) 29er

mtbDobby

I have just upgraded to the above bike - I was riding the Volcan xc29er which is a hard tail and am now going the dual sus route - have I made the right decision in terms of bike and going dual sus? The volcan was definitely lighter and got me through epic last year....would be interested to ready the thoughts on this?

Your bike, only you can answer that :) But I do think it's a good upgrade. You will enjoy the traction and comfort of a duallie. Keep an eye on the suspension pivots, if not maintained the chainstay might crack.

I have just sold my dual Sus to go back to a hard tail. Less maintenance and hassle. If you did the epic on a hard tail then that's probably the hardest it's going to get. Personally I would have stuck to the hard tail. But that's just me. I hated the feeling of the back wheel on my dual. I like knowing what the back wheel is doing. If that makes sense.

Thanks - that is a concern of mine, but not getting younger(nearing the big 40) and have some lower back issues. As for the not riding part, well I have not found anywhere willing to demo this exact bike over a weekend, a ride in the car park or pump track on a different model is not deemed a ride in my eyes. I was actually hoping there would be some comments on people who have ridden this bike but there don't seem to be many.

are you racing for podium ir for 50th position. if podium and you are willing to let you're body take the shots then HT is for you. otherwise the DS is the way to go, despite the extra weight.

Why not try and look at a Giant Anthem, their back up seems to be much better than Scott from what I have seen on the hub.

I have started riding a DS 29er. The HT was lekker, light and quick. The DS is just so much more comfortable on the long rides. loving it

Cancel the order if you can. Have you read all the Scott complaints on the Hub? Another one popped up today with even more people experiencing broken chain stays and even more complaints about the warranty turn around time.

Enjoy! I have the 900, absolutely loving it. Had a Specialized Epic Carbon before that and would take the Scott over that any day......great bike!