Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to their facebook page sad to see people painting their whole club with the same brush.....a few comments were quite disturbing, some of their members were acting like a bunch of wankers but no need to curse and say they should all be run over and commenting on their religion and making racist and nasty comments!!! every1 is acting like they angels................

Don't care if the driver of this vehicle was guilty or not.

this is not how we as cyclist should behave, we should rather lead by example.

shameful.

G

+1

Without fail, I get agitated with a motorist every time I go out for a ride. It's as if I don't exist, or because their actions will lead to an incident that could kill me or injure a friend or fellow cyclist. But I will always come second, even when I'm right. Unfortunately flesh and bones are more difficult to repair than vehicle dents and paint scratches. That's why I always signal when I'm turning, acknowledge or thank a motorist for doing something correct even if I didn't need to, and try my best to be road obedient. (Note: I did say try - I'm no saint).

But one thing's for sure, nothing - and I mean nothing - can justify the violent mob behavior by that group of cyclists. Seriously, pepper-spraying the guy while he's inside a stationary vehicle?

Motorists 1 step forward. Cyclists 10 steps backwards.

Edited by flymango

Went to their facebook page sad to see people painting their whole club with the same brush.....a few comments were quite disturbing, some of their members were acting like a bunch of wankers but no need to curse and say they should all be run over and commenting on their religion and making racist and nasty comments!!! every1 is acting like they angels................
They didnt help themselves with their initial response on FB and the member comment about teaching someone a lesson not to mess with them (response and member comment both deleted when things got hot).

Not saying they deserve everything but they did nothing to defuse the situation until it had gone too far.

Agreed they were stupid and acted like a bunch of idiots but its disappointing seeing peoples comments....ppl are quick to make racist comments @marko35s

Edited by RFC311

Agreed they were stupid and acted like a bunch of idiots but its disappointing seeing peoples comments....ppl are quick to make racist comments @marko35s
Thats the way people are behind a keyboard - go directly to the percieved insult that is going to upset/antagonise/anger the target. There are so many people out there just waiting for the chance and the club involved needed to realise this early and react appropriately.

Thats the way people are behind a keyboard - go directly to the percieved insult that is going to upset/antagonise/anger the target. There are so many people out there just waiting for the chance and the club involved needed to realise this early and react appropriately.

Agreed

(response and member comment both deleted when things got hot).

Yeah, not really. You do know facebook never actually deletes any content.

Even though we do not know what truly happened, it is unacceptable to act in that manner. All they are doing is giving cyclists abroad a bad name. I can understand their anger, but you just cant act like that, you get what you give, and now this taxi driver/van driver will have a hate for cyclists.

Random thought before Morpeus descends...what about a lobby to make jumping robots and stop streets an offence that carries a criminal record? For motorised and other vehicles. Attempted murder/homicide, attempted suicide?

saddest thing in my opinion is the kids joining in on the act.. looking so involved and almost excited by it. They are going to grow up and what example will they set for others and potentially their own children. Totally unacceptable and a sad end to my day.