Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

I have another concern

With the increase in the number of attacks on cyclists and many have now felt enough Is enough thereby pledging to carry firearms with them when out cycling ( hyper vigilance) combined with the hyper aggression towards motorists I believe this is a powder keg which will explode with a motorist being killed by a cyclist....

Any comments or am I being delusional...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

This is an unfortunate embarrassing incident for the club which is not part of their ethos. We cannot be critical of the club because of the unruly behaviour of a few members. The responsible parties will be taken to task.

The behavior portrayed in the video is unacceptable even if provoked i agree however is it now fair to judge MCC because of the action of 1% of its members.

The club first of all, condoned the attack by stating that they were tired and provoked etc...

Second, if the club knows the cyclists (and I think it's clear that they do) in the video, instead of trying to defend their actions, should rather revoke memberships and provide the names and details of the cyclists in the video to the warrant officer. Maybe get an official statement from their own members and not just saying they were "provoked".

Wow, and the anabided ignorance and illogical hatred of all cyclists that is ensuing on facebook is out of hand. People are painting with very broad strokes here..

just shows you what a few assholes can do for everyone in the community.

Wow, and the anabided ignorance and illogical hatred of all cyclists that is ensuing on facebook is out of hand. People are painting with very broad strokes here..

Yeah, this is even worse than when those guys from Benoni donnered the oom in bedfordview. Also, there was no video of that, I guess that helped.

There is a lot of pent up aggression out there! People saying this is why they knock over cyclists, etc... Maybe some Watt bike this week :/

https://www.facebook.com/mc2cycling

Just posted on their facebook wall:

"MC2 SOCIAL AWARENESS MESSAGE

MC2 EXPRESSES ITS SINCEREST CONCERN, AT THE VIDEO CLIP THAT IS BEING FILTERED AROUND. WE THANK THE PERSON/PERSONS WHO BROUGHT THE INCIDENT TO OUR ATTENTION.

WE ARE CURRENTLY LIAISING WITH THE RELEVANT PARTIES, AND INVESTIGATING THE MATTER.

WE THANK ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC FOR THEIR OPINIONS AND, WILL IN THE INTEREST OF THE SPORT OF CYCLING AND ROAD SAFETY, INVESTIGATE AND REPORT TO ALL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

AS IN OUR CONSTITUTION: "WE PROMOTE AND DEFINITELY IMPRESS UPON RESPECT FOR OTHERS AND SAFE CYCLING.

THIS MATTER WILL RECEIVE OUR IMMEDIATE ATTENTION!"

Edited by Surv0MTB

I have another concern

With the increase in the number of attacks on cyclists and many have now felt enough Is enough thereby pledging to carry firearms with them when out cycling ( hyper vigilance) combined with the hyper aggression towards motorists I believe this is a powder keg which will explode with a motorist being killed by a cyclist....

Any comments or am I being delusional...

see this post:

http://www.thehubsa....i/#entry2226832

In light of all that is happening to cyclists on our roads, a shooting is bound to happen sooner or later....

Though I also condemn the actions of those CampsBay cyclists, I must say my moer-meter is near boiling point too. (No, i don't own a gun, and don't intend getting one!)

EVERY time i go out for a ride - obeying all road rules, mind.... i get one or two twatwaffles in their cages who blatantly break the road rules... I would have been roadkill many, many times if I hadn't been vigilant. Will start recording all my rides and post video of offenders soon.... I myself am gatvol of all and sundry having it in for cyclists, while cagers break the rules and endanger cyclists every day!

Edited by wiledog_x

I've said it before and I'll say it again. At the time of the incident anyone that calls themselves a cyclist would have been off-road on the dirt tracks around Klapmuts doing the Argus MTB.

So we have become so judgmental now the we know better what is right for others and what they can call themselves?

So we have become so judgmental now the we know better what is right for others and what they can call themselves?

Dont let it get to you. He's probably joking, but if he isn't then it's the same I'm better than him attitude that is shown in the videos.

Let give him the benefit of doubt he's joking!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. At the time of the incident anyone that calls themselves a cyclist would have been off-road on the dirt tracks around Klapmuts doing the Argus MTB.

and anyone who calls themself a mountainbiker doesn't take part in commercial mass-participation let's all walk the single-track because we can't ride over a rock events. just saying.

The way i was taught and would teach my children, only use violence when you need defend yourself against violence.

The way these guys approached us, they were ready to take revenge. So more violence, then who's side would the law take. As it stands, the club in question resorted to violence and have their backs against the wall.... It's gonna be hard to get out of this.

and anyone who calls themself a mountainbiker doesn't take part in commercial mass-participation let's all walk the single-track because we can't ride over a rock events. just saying.

This is a bit OT, but where I ride there is no walking and when we get to single-track it is breakneck speed all the way. :thumbup:

​All I can say looking at both Bicyclesafety twitter and Facebook feeds, the general consensus is that they are twits and nobody really condones or appreciates their behaviour.

WELL IF TWITTER AND VLEISBOOK SAYS SO :ph34r: :ph34r: