Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2014

GaryvdM

Apologies if this has been posted before

Johanesburg - Johannesburg motorists on Sunday took to social media to express frustrations over road closures for the 94.7 Cycle Challenge.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Motorists-peeved-over-947-race-road-closures-20141116

Jeez - scroll down and read the comments section of that - makes the hub look like a tea party. Okes are trading addresses so they can go and rawl each other and calling each other spandex clad fairies:

Remind me to avoid this guy - he has some issues:

Steven Travis Theron - November 17, 2014 at 11:17

Divan Fourie, you'll finish what exactly, you spandex wearing fairy?? Finish Pretending that your BICYCLE IS A BIKE?! A BICYCLE IS NOT A BIKE!! IT IS A CHILDS TOY THAT THEY GET WHEN THEY TURN 4 YEARS OLD!! A bike is a MOTORBIKE!! THAT IS FOR MEN...Men Who have balls not spandex loving tendencies. 

Do not bother responding unless you have the balls to back up your threat and give me your address or place of work.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I can recall that.  I take it you passed me?

Indeed, I was on my way in to try and make up lost time in the beginning .

Jeez - scroll down and read the comments section of that - makes the hub look like a tea party. Okes are trading addresses so they can go and rawl each other and calling each other spandex clad fairies:

Divan Fourie, you'll finish what exactly, you spandex wearing fairy?? Finish Pretending that your BICYCLE IS A BIKE?! A BICYCLE IS NOT A BIKE!! IT IS A CHILDS TOY THAT THEY GET WHEN THEY TURN 4 YEARS OLD!! A bike is a MOTORBIKE!! THAT IS FOR MEN...Men Who have balls not spandex loving tendencies. 

Do not bother responding unless you have the balls to back up your threat and give me your address or place of work.

Then I click through on this guys name and it takes me to his FB page.

Put it this way i hope he know martial arts with that mouth on him. Cause he doesn't look like a big biker boy that could dish out some hurt with his motorcycle buddies....

so.. now that all of us have cycled the new route.. what you say 94.7 vs Argus? Re challenge

Depends on the Cape Doctor!

Saw some guys sitting there chowing down. Thought it was a brilliant idea.

Now THAT Mcd's was very tempting. Starting late in the day, the heat chowed me up. I wanted a small carbo-burger soo much!

Agreed fully.The second lap heroes should be stopped.Have your race and go home.Most and I stress not all,bully and barge their way through the back markers.

I have nothing but admiration for the cows and might consider helping out next year

Firstly, not sure what makes them heroes, secondly we need to determine why some people do a second lap.

Thirdly, nobody criticised the cows as a whole, but I did raise the issue of a few rotten apples that could spoilt it for the rest.

I rode two laps for a cause, my friend works for a company that said they will be happy to give some money to the Midrand SPCA and if I do a second lap, they will double it up.

I rode in a manner I believe to have been gentlemanly and had numerous chats with some of the folks at the back.

I never shouted for a gap or screamed that I was coming past on the right or left.

I did on one or two occasions utter a friendly warning just to make some riders know that I was about to pass.

So as much as you try and push everyone who does a second lap in to the ego driven stereotype you tried to paint, you happened to fail at it quite miserably.

As much as we have over bloated ego cows, we also have two lappets with the same attitude, but then again as I said, a few bad apples .

Depends on the Cape Doctor!

i dont know,,,,yes the wind does make a difference, but i still think argus is tougher

Then I click through on this guys name and it takes me to his FB page.

Put it this way i hope he know martial arts with that mouth on him. Cause he doesn't look like a big biker boy that could dish out some hurt with his motorcycle buddies....

I think we need to sent the Sherrif.... with a free gift AAK....

Jeepers would think twice before doing any training rides again in this guys area... he might just mow you down on his "Real Mans" bike...

Honestly no excuse to complain when the race has been on for 18 years now... surely in that time you make another plan if it bothers you

every year it seems to bug the locals more and more, as far as i know ARGUS does not have the same level of haters,,,,again as far as i know

Jeepers would think twice before doing any training rides again in this guys area... he might just mow you down on his "Real Mans" bike...

Honestly no excuse to complain when the race has been on for 18 years now... surely in that time you make another plan if it bothers you

He is just a tjop... see his fb photo...

post-29797-0-69082500-1416230060_thumb.jpg

Archived