(Update) Absa Cape Epic: Evans and Knox penalised for unfair advantage

News bot

*flame suit on*

he cheated yes but surely the penalty is a bit harsh compared to the "advantage" he gained?

I think it is a standard penalty... this was probably the minimum penalty. If they had cut out 5 kays intentionally say, they would probably be booted.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do these work your side?

No video with supported format and mime found unfortunately Matt...

The EWN link worked for me though!

Oh heck that was not cool, what were they thinking???

That's the problem with single track and EVERYONE has to live with that problem, either pass legally or live with the consequences if you don't.

Appeals/complaints have to be lodged within 30 minutes of completing a stage with the race commisaire... else forever hold your peace ;) . Hence the reason Sauser has dodged his bullet. If someone did lodge a complaint then I would say we have double standards - which is obviously not on. I take it all the people who are talking about Sauser being above the rules remember him losing an Epic for a rule infringement??? Burry's pringled wheel swap?

Will all the pro's think twice in future about cutting a corner (or ten) - I think so.

Is it in the rules the riders are given beforehand - I would guess so.

Should they fine the *** out of riders for littering - hell yeah!

Should they test the riders as often as possible - again hell yeah! And a bit of targeted testing on a team who's manager was recently bust for doping just sounds like common sense. Nothing against Max, but if he's clean he has nothing to worry about.

Can we get back to the good stuff now :thumbup:

first intelligent post ive ever seen from you :whistling:

Guest Smimby

WOW that is really not 5m and where is the "slower" riders or the "outcast" riders......clearly not cool!

I see Beukes and Heyns is now more than an hour and a half in front of the Fedgroup boys. Give them their hour back, and they are still out of the jerseys... Great show by the Scott guys today

That was a really brainfart moment amongst that many teams pulling a stunt like that eh! So much to lose and so little to gain.

Oh man.. Brainfart of note...

One can see he was thinking about it..and the guys were going damn slow!

Ai Shame man. that singletrack right next to you with your mate coming passed was a big carrot, and Im sure If Max wasnt up in the line he wouldnt even have been thinking about it..It was obviously not to gain time but to get back to Max

He's...kicking himself now!

Without getting caught up in the moment..

I know Kev and its sad to read all the comments from Hubbers who gets all keyboard happy in the moment, slating a rider so many of you have cheered for in the passed. But so they say about "us South Africans and our sports hero’s"

KE has come back fighting after the DG doping issue, losing a team, then getting 2 more Opps post a burst appendix. On top of that He has had a frustrating season while showing some of the form that has taken him to the top but obviously just not having the legs yet..

Kevin is the mellowest of guys off the bike but in racing he is damn competitive! As many top athletes are, and If I get cut off in traffic I for one lose it after a long day at the office...

No ways I will write him off as a person, for a mistake that any non hubbers could have made.

PS. can someone now please post the link to the "Alleged Incident at OP's house on 14Feb 2013"

Where was Max when that happened. . ??

Wow he made it sound as if he only gained 5m where in fact the 5m was the shortcut route he took.

Note to self.. check videos first.

WOW that is really not 5m and where is the "slower" riders or the "outcast" riders......clearly not cool!

Yep, was also wondering how they got behind those riders...did they have a mechanical or something?

Ok, so mostly everyone agrees on a Friday on the hub for the 1st time ever. MK sorry bud your partner messed up, KE not cool dude but these things happen so Live and learn, like Andrew says everyone will think twice next time.

True. But can you or I also lodge a complaint within 30min of seeing it on TV? Most probably not. If it's only competitors that can lodge a complaint then they can ride as they please as long as nobody sees them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/14/sports/golf/woods-faces-disqualification-at-augusta.html

Can you imagine if the same happened here as happened last year in Augusta.....

Woods was reported by someone watching the coverage on TV........

I think the bigger problem here is how the team reacted. They would obviously have seen this footage last night already but all over twitter they complain about double standards and they got screwed for cutting 5 metres.

Looking at the footage it is clear as day that he gained an advantage. If they came out and said, **** sorry guys Kevin had a brainfart and we accept the penalty, this thread would have been over on page 1 already...