Do you ride a 26er?

Guest dirkieuys

I have a 26 HTand a 29 'er FS as well as a road bike.

The 26 i use as my 7km commute to work. Its fun and playful and I love it. I'm trying to source a motor to convert it to an EBike for my commute.

When I hit the trails and the long journeys i go on the 29er. 

The road bike is used mainly for the road races like the CTCT.

Horses for courses

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this TREK 9.8 full carbon NOS at a LBS (they had 3 or 4 hanging up) a few years back, got it for a 10th of the tag price and built it up from all the 26er parts in my Garage 1 X 10 as a fun bike for Red Barn. biggest issue was getting the correct BB for it.

Daughters BF has since commandeered it and rides it regularly - well at least more than i rode it.

Would have been a top notch racing machine back in its day

post-2304-0-63719400-1554226138_thumb.jpg

Not dead, but getting more and more difficult to get tyres :(

And cost more than 29". 

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, been wanting to ask this question for a while, I just want to know how many hubbers are still on 26er mtb's. simple question, simple answer. Yes or No. Thanks

I'm thinking of stripping components from my dual-sus and rebuilding my HT. Something on the lines of a BigBen-style monster-cross. 1x9, 700x32mm tyres and rigid fork.

I'm thinking of stripping components from my dual-sus and rebuilding my HT. Something on the lines of a BigBen-style monster-cross. 1x9, 700x32mm tyres and rigid fork.

If you do that, what will you do with your 26er wheels? I'm desperately looking for some decent 32 hole 26er rims for a DJ build.....

If you do that, what will you do with your 26er wheels? I'm desperately looking for some decent 32 hole 26er rims for a DJ build.....

I’ll keep the wheels to enable swapping out when I need to. Sorry.

i have some basically new (aug 2018) Sunringlé MTX33 26" 32h welded rims that need a new home. I'll PM you details.

• 3 months later...

I bought a used, charity-sale, all-carbon 2009 26" Scott Spark 30, complete with rear remote lockout, for R6k. It still has an ABSA Cape Epic sticker on it from 2012. I have two 29ers too, they're all fun to ride. The 26er is harder to ride, less forgiving, but its a good teacher. I souped it up through the LBS (Eugene/CycleInn) with new shifters, Racing Ralph tyres, a Lynne dropper, a proper saddle, new front chainrings, new cabling, new pivot bearings and CrankBrothers pedals :P . My bike computer costs more than the bike  :nuke:

It rawks  :D

post-128151-0-79872300-1566889135_thumb.jpgpost-128151-0-83389100-1566889151_thumb.jpg

Busy reviving my old 2006 Mongoose ECX, Eric Carter's signature 4X frame from back in the day. Still need a few parts to complete, and would ideally like a more burly wheel set in the future for it.

post-50361-0-78273000-1566890135_thumb.jpg

post-50361-0-14787000-1566890147_thumb.jpg

I don't know why but your Mongoose looks awesome! Clean, and cool rear suspension design.

Busy reviving my old 2006 Mongoose ECX, Eric Carter's signature 4X frame from back in the day. Still need a few parts to complete, and would ideally like a more burly wheel set in the future for it.

Archived